stvvv

Malwarebytes detected Trojan.Agent.BHB on Android phone in system app

Malwarebytes has detected  Trojan.Agent.BHB  in the settings app.  It is saying that it is in  com.android.settings.  I'm not sure if com.android.settings is a real system app or if it is a fake app containing the virus.  As it is a system app I can't uninstall it nor can I disable the app even temporarily.  Can you tell me how to disable or remove this virus using ADB?

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail2.jpeg

Hi @stvvv,

What is the make/model of your mobile device?  I think you have of case of what I highlighted here: The new landscape of pre-installed mobile malware: malicious code within

If you uninstall this for the current user, you would no longer have Settings on your device.  See the blog posted above for ways to attempt to remediate, but at this point all you can really do is ignore the warning.

Nathan

1 hour ago, mbam_mtbr said:

Hi @stvvv,

What is the make/model of your mobile device?  I think you have of case of what I highlighted here: The new landscape of pre-installed mobile malware: malicious code within

If you uninstall this for the current user, you would no longer have Settings on your device.  See the blog posted above for ways to attempt to remediate, but at this point all you can really do is ignore the warning.

Nathan

It's a UMX U683CL gov't issue phone. 

I believe that that it had come with ADups & whatever else preinstalled as the only apps I have installed came from some of the standard major software companies and I have never really used it to surf the web.  They sent me a replacement phone a few weeks ago and it has the same issues. 

I don't know too much about Android, but I was wondering if it was possible to get a new ROM and install it myself.  I assume my phone number and service is on the sim card.  If this is possible, where can I get a clean ROM?

Hi @stvvv,

Yeah, I would try using a ROM provided by UMX.  Adups is better than a Trojan.  Could you do me a favor before doing that though?  Could you send me an Apps Report so I can see exactly which apps are on the device?

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.
1.Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.
2.Tap the Menu icon.
3. Tap Your apps.
4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.
5. Tap Send to support
Choose an email app to send Apps Report.
Your email app will open with the Apps Report included. 
At this point, it would be very helpful to mention you are submitting via recommendation from the Malwareybtes forum.  This allows our support staff to know where to direct it.
By sending the Apps Report, you will create a ticket in our support system.
Private Message (PM) me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

Nathan