Avira users :)

Wow, that's new. KAV used to be one PC only for that price, it's actually a pretty good deal :) .

However, did you say somewhere that Kaspersky requires more user knowledge than most other AV's?
It certainly can, depending on how you set it up. It can be set to handle everything automatically like most AV's, but I like the control :) . Either would be an excellent choice though as they're both among the best in my opinion. Although Avira obviously has a better price :) .

@ Exile

Yeah, it was three for that price unless I missed something, which is possible :) lol. It's worth it either way, but I hate to pay that for three if I only use one license, heh. If I purchase KAV, I would give one to my family, and one to a friend, and use the other myself of course :) If I go with Avira, I'll opt for the three license anyway though, so I can give one to my family.

That's good to know that KAV can be set up to handle most things automatically. Having the control is a great thing, though, I agree, even though I don't know much about it :) heh.

Whatever I go with, I will go with an Internet Suite because I like the built-in firewall, especially because I have learned on this forum that the XP firewall is not sufficient :) heh.

Bingo, which I why I love Kaspersky and MBAM :) .

This is the human factor, so do I. :P

However, did you say somewhere that Kaspersky requires more user knowledge than most other AV's?

For Kaspersky, well yes it may require some knowledge, or be considered as an advanced tool, but it is still a product for home users, with the needed features like reversibility (quarantine, backups) and support/help. :)

Mountaintree, as far as I could find out, you can buy a license for one computer (I found this on the "global" link on top of the page). A license for one PC is even available for the Dutch version.

http://www.kaspersky.com/kaspersky_internet_security

I have a trial version of KAV 2010 installed and I didn't change the default settings, except for the scheduled quick scan. I'm still getting to know the ins and outs of KAV but so far I like it very much :P .

Reason for edit: typing errors

@ mona & Exile

Sorry, I should have clarified; I meant KIS (thats Kaspersky Internet Security, right?).

@ Exile

Well, downloading the scanner & off I am :) Wish me luck :) I have a lot to do :/ Hopefully I get it all done and don't screw up anything. And hopefully its not a mess, heh.

Yeah, pricing and availability differs based on location, and Kaspersky's servers redirect you to your local version of the page based on where you are. For the same reason, even when a download for a new version is out in one country and you try to download it from your own, the exact same page will only show the previous version until your local server gets updated.

@ noknojon

Oh, you know, there IS a Kaspersky online scanner :)

You can get that from Here

(thanks to Exile for the link! :) )

Yes I followed it for a while but it was just as easy to use the 30 day trial - They want all other A/V's disabled etc. so I thought that the trial was as easy - :)

Every time I attempted to D/load it wanted this and that turned off just for a scan - Also as Exile said it takes a bit to get used to - :)

Now I can compare for a month and then I will go back to Avira (much easier) - (and put up with 1 or 2 FP's a year ) - :)

They do list prices for 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 units -

Did it make you "jump through hoops" as far as disableing all other A/V's - Including Windows Defender ?? - :)

That was why I figured if I was using it, I may as well use it for 30 days -

FWIW: No, I have about nine online scanners...

EDIT: Bookmarked, I should have said. I don't run them all

AVPTool doesn't make you disable any other security tools either :) .

AVPTool works fine for me on my XP Pro system as a second opinion 'on-demand' scanner.

I don't have any online scanners.