Question about block of Total Recorder

tomdkat

Hi!  The other day, a friend tried to download a newer version of "Total Recorder"  ( http://www.totalrecorder.com/  )  so she can record some videos.  Anyway, when attempting to download one of the installers on this page:

http://www.totalrecorder.com/downloads.htm

(click "Free Download" button)   Malwarebytes blocks the download, indicating the download site is suspicious.   Now, I trust Malwarebytes is blocking the download site, for a good reason, but I wanted to know what's the best way to determine if a site Malwarebytes blocks is a false positive or not?  I don't know if what I experienced is considered a false positive or not, which is why I'm asking the question.

Thanks in advance!

Peace...

I just whitelisted the Canadian download link , which is the one she selected.  Give it as long as an hour to propagate and it should be fine.  If she's in a hurry, the alternate download link (right below the big red button she picked) works now.

Adding to my response so I can answer your question.  Browser Guard is new, and we are going to great lengths to protect you from you.  Many download links are blocked, and when they are reported, we test them and if they are clean, we whitelist them.  It was a false positive because we are still working this one out.

Edited by gonzo
Answering secondary question.