Hello, just joined to say some things. I know this is probably mentioned before, but the beta interface functions too slowly, and as other people have mentioned in the beta thread, the IU is also ugly IMHO. I don't want to revert back to release version, and have been waiting for quite some time for the interface to speed up. So I'd love to hear some feedback on as to whether it's slow because of the beta build, or something else. I have a pretty strong machine with a 7900X CPU, whatnot, so I don't think my PC is the reason although I have toyed with the advanced security settings... thanks.

Greetings,

The final version of Malwarebytes 4 has been released so if you haven't upgraded to the latest non-beta please do so and you may find that it performs better than the beta build.  You can download the latest version from here and once it is installed, open Malwarebytes and click on Check for Updates under the General tab in settings and allow it to install any program updates, then restart if prompted to do so and check to see how it performs.

Turns out I do seem to have the release version as I remember it updating some time ago, but the interface on a lot of pages is still lagging. The software looks to work properly however, since it does block malware sites such as a real estate site I've tried to recently visit.

12 minutes ago, johnnydoe said:

Turns out I do seem to have the release version as I remember it updating some time ago, but the interface on a lot of pages is still lagging. The software looks to work properly however, since it does block malware sites such as a real estate site I've tried to recently visit.

Could you take minute to follow the directions from the following article and post back the requested logs and we'll review to assist you.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2396

Thank you

I've taken logs, have seen people post it to the forum but I'm sure I could carry them to the support as a ticket?

29 minutes ago, johnnydoe said:

I've taken logs, have seen people post it to the forum but I'm sure I could carry them to the support as a ticket?

For us to assist you need to post them here.

6 hours ago, johnnydoe said:

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes for Windows using the Malwarebytes Support tool. 

Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

I did it, however because my X550 ethernet card takes a while to connect to Internet, the re-install couldn't catch up and failed. I then went on and installed MB manually. The advanced settings that I'm told not to touch are all back to normal, though the interface is still laggy.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:10 PM, johnnydoe said:

I did it, however because my X550 ethernet card takes a while to connect to Internet, the re-install couldn't catch up and failed. I then went on and installed MB manually. The advanced settings that I'm told not to touch are all back to normal, though the interface is still laggy.

Hello, thank you for making us aware of this issue. Could you please provide some additional details to help us better understand your experience. Let's try to focus on 2-3 areas where you notice the lag most.

• What is the page you're on and what activity are you performing when you notice the issue?
  • When a particular lag event happens, can you elaborate on what you were expecting to happen vs. what actually happens?( i.e. when I start a scan from the home page, it takes around a full second before the scan in progress page to display, I'm expecting it to appear right away.) Any specifics you can provide along these lines will help us tremendously.

The interface lags on every page, the install went laggy as well as using the UI itself and probably still is. The old interface (3.0) did not do this.