leodki

Having an issue during installation

6 minutes ago, leodki said:

We have same issue there is no need to create new topic.

Pleas do create a new topic, Every computer is different and we want each USER to have thier own topic to avoid confusing issues and systems.

Thanks

17 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @leodki

Please explain what issue you're having. Are there any error messages?

Thank you

Yes there is. It says me "An error occurred" I also tried offline installation and malwarebytes support tool but nothing has changed. I am also using 360 Total Security but I tried to stop protection of 360 then reinstall Malwarebytes but still same issue. So you have to do something about between 360 Total Security and Malwarebytes compatibility I guess.

Hi @leodki,

360 Total Security prevents the Malwarebytes installer from writing to the registry. Only stopping protection has not been found to be a sufficient solution. In order to successfully install Malwarebytes version 4, you will need to uninstall 360 Total Security and run the Malwarebytes installer. Afterwards, you can reinstall 360 Total Security if desired.

26 minutes ago, LiquidTension said:

Hi @leodki,

360 Total Security prevents the Malwarebytes installer from writing to the registry. Only stopping protection has not been found to be a sufficient solution. In order to successfully install Malwarebytes version 4, you will need to uninstall 360 Total Security and run the Malwarebytes installer. Afterwards, you can reinstall 360 Total Security if desired.

That's worked but that was an absurd solution.

That's worked but that was an absurd solution.

Agreed, I have no idea why 360 Total Security is blocking another program from writing to the system registry, or why it would continue to do so even when all of its protections have been disabled.  It is very strange behavior, but I am glad to see that there is a solution for this at least.

Hello @leodki

My guess would be that 360 Total Security is following along in the footsteps of other AV products that block or prevent any other security product from being installed. Sadly a pure marketing ploy that I think often backfires on them once the user understands what's going on.

If you're using Windows 10 I think you will find that Malwarebytes does an excellent job on its own nowadays but even so for added measure it also runs very well alongside Windows Defender.

For even more protection and safety please review the following

If you're not backing up your data and you're still using Google Chrome then you're just not serious about Privacy, Safety, and protecting your data. Malwarebytes is a fantastic program but you still need to back up your data and you still need to block scripts and Ads in your browser. 
If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though)

PrivacyTools - Encryption and tools to protect against global mass surveillance - https://www.privacytools.io

Help Secure your browsers

You may be interested in using our new Malwarebytes Browser Guard to help protect your browser from items that uBlock or others don't target.

Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system.

FireFox, ChromeOpera , SafariMicrosoft Edge
AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer

How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018
This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings

Delete Cookies Automatically

Cookie AutoDelete plugin
Chrome  | Firefox 

Browser push notifications: a feature asking to be abused
HTTPS Everywhere
NOTHING TO HIDE documentary

Review your email and Office choices

Quit Gmail for free encrypted email - Tutanota
Why ProtonMail Is More Secure Than Gmail
LibreOffice - Free and open source office suite

Use Password Management software

Bitwarden
KeePass Password Safe

Make sure you use a strong master password
Then set the key transformation settings (the link below helps provide information on how to choose good settings)
https://pthree.org/2016/06/29/further-investigation-into-scrypt-and-argon2-password-hashing
KeePass Password Manager: Full Detailed Setup (good YouTube video on setup and using Keepass but choose the Argon2 method for Key transformation)

Encrypted Instant Messenger and Voice Calls

Please review the following site for a breakdown of features of different Messenger applications.

SafeSwiss
Riot
Signal
Wire     
NOTE: Recent news of Wire having new investors and moving to the United States.
Wickr Me

Follow-up Reading

Everything you need to know about cybercrime
10 easy ways to prevent malware infection 
Keep your data backed up

Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes as your preferred security protection software and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help.

Ron