Slow internet speed and Google Chrome managed by your organization

Hello

Yesterday i was watching a movie on Popcorn Time and suddenly a program called Tachyon Internet Security 5.0 started installing on my computer and spamming notifications saying that my Windows Defender was disabled. Also, something called NativeDesktopMediaService was installed. I tried my best to remove these using Malwarebytes and ADWCleaner. After using all the softwares, my problem still remains. My internet speed is extremely slow. It used to be 40mbit/s download and 10mbit/s upload, but now the download speed has gone down to 24mbit/s. Every webpage i open requires a long time to upload and connecting into programs like discord takes unusually long also. 

Also, before all this I also had another problem. My google chrome was and still is: ''Managed by your organization.'' There would also be random websites open on my google chrome such as dimlitroom.com and some others. I think i resolved this issue by deleting a rule in regedit though.

It would be much appreciated if anyone could help me resolve this issue.

Hi,      :welcome:

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

Please follow my directions as we go along.  Please do not do any changes on your own without first checking with me.

If you will be away for more than 3 consecutive days,  do try to let me know ahead of time, as much as possible.

Please only just attach   all report files, etc  that I ask for as we go along.

I would appreciate  getting some key details from this machine in order to help you forward.
 NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support-1.5.3.749.exe  to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

Thank you.

Thanks for the support-tool report.  The last scan with Malwarebytes for Windows reported no malware.  That is very fine.

I would like you to do one special run to get a update & then do a new scan.   These will not take long,

[    1    ]

Click Settings ( gear icon)   at the top right of Malwarebytes window.   We want to see the SETTINGS window.

Then click the SECURITY  tab.
Scroll down and lets be sure the line in SCAN OPTIONs for "Scan for rootkits" is ON
Click it to get it ON  if it does not show a blue-color

Now click the small X  to get back to the main menu window.

[   2    ]
on the Scanner tab,  Click the SCAN button.
Select a Threat Scan ( which should be the default).

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

Then click on Quarantine selected.

Be sure all items were removed. Then too, Repeat the scan one more time. It does not take long.

and again, be sure all detected items are removed.

Let it remove what it has detected.

[    3   ]

Attach a copy of that Scan log.   I need to review the Scan Report.    See the how-to article   & do a report export  & then attach it

see   https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3541

NEXT     {   4    }

I  would suggest to download, Save, and then run Malwarebytes ADWCLEANER.

Please close Chrome and all other open web browsers after you have saved the Adwcleaner and before you start Adwcleaner scan.

Adwcleaner  detects factory Preinstalled applications too!

Please download  Malwarebytes AdwCleaner  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

Be sure to Save the file first, to your system.  Saving to the Downloads folder should be the default on your system.

Go to the folder where you saved Adwcleaner. Double click Adwcleaner  to start it.

At the prompt for license agreement, review and then click on I agree.

You will then see a main screen for Adwcleaner. ( if you do not see it right away, minimized the other open windows, so you can see Adwcleaner).

Then click on Dashboard button.

Click the blue button "Scan Now".

allow it a few minutes to finish the Scan.   Let it remove what it finds.

NOTE:  When it comes to the section "

Pre-installed applications

You can skip that.

Please find and send the Adwcleaner "C" clean report.

In Adwcleaner, click the "Reports" button.  Look at the list of reports for the latest date & type "Clean".

Double Click that line & it will open in Notepad.   Save the file to your system and then Attach that with your reply.

That C clean report will be the one with the most recent Date and time at folder  C:\AdwCleaner\Logs

Thanks.  Keep me advised.

Thanks.  Those are both excellent results.   NO malwares /   NO   P U P .

This custom script is for  ZinxOfficial   only.

Close and save any open work files before starting this procedure.  I am sending a  custom fix script to do some cleanups.  

Please Close and save any open work files before you start this next step.  It may involve a Windows Restart at the end of it.

I am sending a   custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRSTENGLISH tool. They will both work together as a pair.

Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE AS and save it directly ( as is) to the Downloads  folder

The tool named FRSTENGLISH.exe   tool    is already on the Downloads folder.

Start the Windows Explorer and then, open the Downloads folder.

Double click FRSTENGLISH

to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.

IF Windows prompts you about running this, select YES to allow it to proceed.

IF you get a block message from Windows about this tool......

click line More info information on that screen

and click button Run anyway on next screen.

on the FRST window:
Click the Fix button just once, and wait.

FRST_Fixl.png.c4c1c0dddcc49b11fa400590f070bd5e.png

PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. This run here should be fairly quick.
If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.
The tool will complete its run after restart.
When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run.

Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your next reply later, at your next opportunity

[   2   ]

I would suggest  to upgrade to the Windows 10 build 1909 ( or November 2019 build).  You should be able to manually get it thru Windows Update.

It may take repeated tries with Windows Update till your pc is able to see that Update.  You should make a try each day, from here on out, till you see it offered.

The suggestion I have is to go to the Start menu, click the Windows Settings icon. Select Update & Security.  Click on Windows Update.

The Windows Update ( eventually) will have a display like this when it shows up.

Note that the display will show the new build in a new way, in the middle of the display.  You will need to click on the blue line marked "Download and install now"  when ready.

Have lots of patience during the entire process.

Getting that Windows build update will put this pc in a better position for a more secure operating system.

image.png.d0ec5afddd4db48ae378399f8d47ada4.png

Fixlist.txt

I ran the fix and at first my problem of slow Google Chrome and Discord load times seemed to have gone away, but the issue has returned after about 30 minutes. Luckily though my Google Chrome is no longer ''Managed by your organization''. 

Also first when the load times seemed faster i went to speedtest.net and it showed that my download speed was 36mb/s. Some time later it showed only 24mb/s.

Log is attached below

Fixlog.txt

Thank you for the info and for the Fixlog report.

As to the internet speed, let me suggest that you check with support at your Internet service provider.

Have you had the time / opportunity to run Microsoft Windows Update for the latest build 1909 ?    Please be sure to do that.  Suggest you do that at the top of the hour.

You need to do a manual run of Windows Update.

Hardware routers , indeed, can have issues due to aging.   I am glad to know you are getting a new router.

You are welcome.   I am glad to help.

You should delete the Fixlist.txt  I had you save.   Also delete the Fixlog.txt.

You can delete any other files I had you download.

TIPS:

The Malwarebytes Browser Guard for Chrome can keep that browser safe from scams & nefarious sites.

To get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for Chrome,

Open this link in your Chrome browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Then proceed with the setup.

Best  practices & malware prevention:
Follow best practices when browsing the Internet, especially on opening links coming from untrusted sources.
First rule of internet safety: slow down & think before you "click".

Never click links without first hovering your mouse over the link and seeing if it is going to an odd address ( one that does not fit or is odd looking or has typos).

Free games & free programs are like "candy". We do not accept them from "strangers".

Never open attachments that come with unexpected ( out of the blue ) email no matter how enticing.
Never open attachments from the email itself. Do not double click in the email. Always Save first and then scan with antivirus program.

Pay close attention when installing 3rd-party programs. It is important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed.
Take great care in every stage of the process and every offer screen, and make sure you know what it is you're agreeing to before you click "Next".

Use a Standard user account rather than an administrator-rights account when "surfing" the web.
See more info on Corrine's SecurityGarden Blog http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_7.html
Dont remove your current login. Just use the new Standard-user-level one for everyday use while on the internet.

Do a Windows Update.

Make certain that Automatic Updates is enabled.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq

Keep your system and programs up to date. Several programs release security updates on a regular basis to patch vulnerabilities. Keeping your software patched up prevents attackers from being able to exploit them to drop malware.

For other added tips, read "10 easy ways to prevent malware infection"

All the best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

Maurice