False Positive: Strato.nl (web hoster)

HOS

Hi, I wish to let you know that since 2 or 3 days access to my web hoster is blocked.

IP 81.169.145.35 and 81.169.145.118 both are www.strato.nl

IP 81.169.145.187 is https://strato-communicator.net

I think they are reliable. My web site and shop run there for quite some time without problems, plus the e-mail system that goes with them.

You requested that I run your software in developer mode first, make a scan and post it. The problem though did not occur during a scan, but when I tried to access one of the Strato sites.

Is this sufficient information for you to start investigation?

Thanks!

Best,

HOS

This is not a false positive. Unfortunately there are well over 100 malicious domains on this range, and your hosting company has neither responded to abuse reports, or taken down the malicious content;

http://hosts-file.net/?s=81.169.145.

This is not a false positive. Unfortunately there are well over 100 malicious domains on this range, and your hosting company has neither responded to abuse reports, or taken down the malicious content;

http://hosts-file.net/?s=81.169.145.

Hy MysteryFCM,

Thank you for the fast reply. I sent the text and list to Strato and they have as well replied soon. Can you read Dutch? As I am Holland based, the correspondence went in that language. I copy their answer here:

-Start quote-

Ik heb het voor u nagekeken en heb geconstateerd dat er geen verdachte bestanden zijn aangetroffen op de server waar uw websites op draaien.

Aangezien Malwarebytes een lijst gebruikt die ons onbekend is, en waarop wij ook geen invloed uitoefenen, kan ik u adviseren om de software van Malwarebytes uit te schakelen wanneer u uw STRATO pakket gebruikt.

Zoals u zult begrijpen zijn er veel bedrijven die zich met beveiliging bezighouden en wij kunnen niet met al deze bedrijven constant contact opnemen zodra er een lijst opduikt met verdachte IP-adressen. Daar wij miljoenen klanten hebben, zult u wel begrijpen dat wij niet alle lijsten kunnen nagaan. Wel worden alle servers constant gescant op ongewone activiteiten die op verdachte scripts zouden kunnen wijzen.

Ik hoop u hiermee voldoende te hebben ge

Could you have him contact us please?

Unfortunately... I tried, but they say there are many such companies like yours (no idea if that's right) and that they cannot start getting involved... or similar; my interpretation.

So, is there any chance that I can feed those IP numbers into my Malwarebytes installation, that I need? My own sites, the maintenance sites and related? I would be helped then - and would run no risk to unwillingly call up the wrong ones.

Thank you for thinking with me.

Best

HOS

PS: It's really quite urgent that I am able to maintain my sites ( ayus-online.eu and reallygoodproducts.eu ) and access the email system again. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for letting me know. There's no whitelist in the IP Protection facility at present. The only option is to temporarily disable it whilst accessing your sites (right click the MBAM tray icon and untick "IP Protection").

Archived