Infection

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Your logs are clean of malware.
Download and run the Fixlist.txt attached.
Some empty registry items will be removed and your System Restore will be re-enabled.

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

fixlist.txt

Edited by nasdaq

hey friend, first of all much thanks for your concern and help

i have couple of things to say to you,

1) i would like this thread to be deleted after the whole process is done (not now of course, but when you deem everything's okay and fine). bcoz there are some confidential information on those txts about my computer that i would not like everyone to access (i think attachments in this forum should only be accesible by expert staff like you. i shouldn't be able to download other people's FRST logs or such. i can see what files they have, maybe gather information or even passwords and such from their logs. who knows maybe some of those peopel that post logs here has a txt file with his password writen as its title eg. xxxxmypaswordxx.txt and such. i mean yes, its kind of an idiotic move, but who knows. im not criticising the tool for collecting these informations, or im not criticising for you of wanting these files. i just state that, i or anyone besides you expert staff shouldn't have access to these attachments. i think this is a huge flaw for a cyber security program's forum. i hope it can be fixed... or i hope you see this is a problem)

2) you ask me if the problem persists. but i dont even know what the problem is. as you can see from my topic "nikse.dk trojen", the "Porthos" stated that "something" in my computer is calling out to a bad site. i think this is the problem you refer to. but how can I know if its fixed or not? you say my system is clear of threats but i didn't even change anything, didn't delete anything. didn't download anything from nikse.dk either. i just entered nikse.dk yesterday and the notification pop up, saying that it is related to some trojan or something. yesterday, i refreshed nikse.dk page but couldn't repeat the same trojan result. so it wasn't a repetetive trojan attempt. even if there's really something in my computer that is calling out to a bad site that is a trojan, it's still there and these logs are not enough to identify it, or malwarebytes wasn't good enough to detect it, i have no ieda

pls don't get me wrong. i'm just on my nerves till yesterday bcoz what porthos said made me very anxious and i was afraid of being infected. 

i will share my fixlog as well. i hope u can help me in thee regards. should i just nuke my system and format it? don't know how to proceed honestly. i have 3 disks which one of them being 4 tb and full of files. even if i format, and there are some trojens on that drive, those trojens would attack me again i guess. so i have to wipe all the disks to be safe? what should I do?? is there a more detailed trojen scanner or something? i ran full scans with both defender and mbam but both of them comes empty handed to me after hours of searching. but yet, porthos said that something on my computer is trojen and its calling out to bad sites. :(

Fixlog.txt

3 hours ago, yamaci17 said:

porthos said that something on my computer is trojen and its calling out to bad sites.

Excuse the interruption @nasdaq Reason I sent this poster here is the fact that when looking at the screenshot that was provided in this topic attempted to go to a safe site with Chrome  and blocked an outgoing connection to a bad site. I personally reached the correct site with no blocks from MB.

Now back to the work at hand.

Edited by Porthos

Hi,

I did not find any infection in your logs.

I cleaned what what not required.

Is your Chrome Browser Synced with other defices?

If the problem persists and Chrome is Synced with other Devices check this out.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214325-chrome-secure-preferences-detection-always-comes-back/

Execute the suggested fix.

Restart the computer normally.
===========

3 hours ago, nasdaq said:

Hi,

As I said previously your logs are clean.

Do you still bet the notification from Malwarebytes?

Is so please post the MBAM log for my review.

Dear friend, i get those notifications very rarely :) i just share them whenever i get them. it was the first case and till to day, it never happened again. but it may happen again.

anyway, if you mean the problem is on chrome, then i nuked teh chrome and transitioned to firefox altogether.

here's my lastest mbam log

i really don't understand the whole fuss though. am i infected or not? is there malicious software in my pc or not? why cant i get a definite answer?

nasdaqreport.txt

• 1 month later...

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks