malwarebytes closes 5 seconds after it starts

can get Malwarebytes to start from a fresh install by renaming the .exe file. When the program is installed I select to update and run MWB. The scan will run for about 2 seconds, then close.

If I try to run MWB from then application once it has been installed I get the following errors.

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

i had Windows police pro, then i installed malwarebytes, and did a scan which i assume got rid of it. i also have full paid version of MaCafee

Hello,

Just so you know --- and other readers as well--- replying to your own post would lead helpers to think you are being helped. You were likely to be overlooked.

What is your version of Windows ?? XP Home, XP Pro, Vista with SP1 or SP2 ? or ???

Are you able to download and run Hijackthis?

Go back and if you renamed MBAM.exe then change it back to MBAM.exe

We really need to have your Hijackthis log. See http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

skip the MBAM part since the malware is blocking it (for now)

If you have a blockage running hijackthis.exe, RENAME it to FINDEM.exe and then run it.

Thanks.

@Duff

See this forum policy http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12264

Groups authorized to help with HJT logs

These are the groups who are allowed to post advice in the
Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
Forum:

• Administrators
    - in charge of running the site and handling maintenance and all of the day-to-day operations.

They can be contacted at any time by PM with issues regarding the site or Malwarebytes'.

• Moderators
    - moderates and helps the Administrators with running the site.

They also make sure the Forum rules are followed and respond to HJT Logs.

• Experts
    - experts in removing Malware and fighting the bad guys.

They take on the HJT Logs in the HJT Log Forum as well, and some of them are programmers who make tools used to remove Malware.

• Trusted Advisor
    - those who are trained in Malware removal in the Anti-Malware community and can be trusted to provide you with safe removal of Malware.

If you are not in one of these groups, you are
prohibited
from posting Malware advice of any kind in the
Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
Forum, any such unauthorized posts will be deleted without response to the poster.

Please
DO NOT
take advice from members other than those allowed to respond to HJT logs.

If you follow the advice of anyone other than the above groups, you do so at your OWN risk.

I have deleted your posts.

@Suzerain13

See about getting logs and at least advising on your version of Windows.

• 3 weeks later...