MBAM Service terminated unexpectedly

We have about 250 users in our environment and have had problems recently with mbam causing the systems to freeze and then the user is unable to access their machine. Windows error logs show 

Event 1000

Faulting application name: mbamservice.exe, version: 1.80.2.0, time stamp: 0x56ba23be
Faulting module name: mbamservice.exe, version 1.80.2.0, time stamp:  0x56ba23be
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x00083e85
Faulting process id: 0x2e6c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d599681d15c8d1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

We are currently connecting to Windows 10 VMs via RDP on Nutanix. Windows 10 version 1809.  

I have attempted reinstalling the client on the effected machines via a push and this has had no effect. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

• Staff

Hi @AyatoWard,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, I'll be happy to help. Are the crashes completely random, or do they seem to happen around the same time(s)? Do you have any other 3rd party anti-virus or security software installed? Typically, we'd create a ticket for an issue like this, however I wasn't able to find an account linked to the email on your forum account. If you'd like, message me any pertinent account and contact details and we can open and begin working a problem case.

Thanks!