Black screen with Malwarebytes for iOS

august88

I wanted to add a telephone number to the whitelist in Malwarebytes for iOS but when I start the app the entire screen goes black except for the top line that displays the status of my Cellular connection, Wi-Fi connection, time of day and battery charge status. My phone is an iPhone 8 with iOS 13.1.3. in Light mode. Background app refresh is enabled for Malwarebytes iOS. Any suggestions? Also, the iOS app does not show up in the Malwarebytes My Account. I purchased the subscription on the Apple App store on July 4, 2019. Thanks.

8 hours ago, august88 said:

the iOS app does not show up in the Malwarebytes My Account. I purchased the subscription on the Apple App store on July 4, 2019.

I believe I can address this part of you posting.

I don’t believe that Malwarebytes has any way to connect your App Store purchases to your account because you made your payment to Apple. It’s permanently associated with your AppleID, so you won’t be able or need to manage it’s use using Malwarebytes MyAccount. Your subscription is managed by Apple on Malwarebytes behalf.

2 hours ago, august88 said:

it would be nice for Malewarebytes to maintain a list of users of its family of products in the event of the need to update the product when an exploit surfaces.

In any case of update Malwarebytes publishes it on the AppStore of iOS and, if you have automatic updates, it will be automatically updated

Thanks for your reply.

My iPhone was automatically updated to iOS 13.2.3 and now the Malwarebytes app is accessible - with the black screen described above I couldn't access any page or function of Malwarebytes for iOS. According to the Apple update site, the iOS 13.2.3 update was released on 18 Nov 2019. The update was applied to my iPhone today, 25 Nov 2019.

One of the fixes provided by iOS 13.2.3 addressed the problem of background updates not always taking place, so that probably means that Malwarebytes for iOS was also out-of-date for an extended time.

I observed that I had 35 apps that had not been updated for an entire week, but I did get notification of the iOS 13.2.3 update the day it was released.