Any way to restore old User Interface.

AiNA

• 2 months later...

The main problem with the new UI, for me at least, is the usual problem with MBAM:  lack of obviousness(*). 

When I open the app, there is no menu! I must click each of the three giant icons to find the options.  It's NOT OBVIOUS that scan reports are under "Scanner", whereas items excluded from scans is under "Detection History".

The settings icon has most, but not all, scan-related settings. Scheduling is under "Scanner". And you're not likely to look there, because that icon is dominated by the big "Scan" button, suggesting that this icon is to run a scan (or maybe see scanning progress). 

In fact it's also essential for scan-schedule settings.

I'd expect scan reports to be part of "History", but nope.

Finally, I want to TRUST my malware protection provider. I expect sober adult tone.  I don't want a teenager who goofily burbles, "Awesome! Your computer is protected.

cool?

And why should roughly 40% of the application's window be given to that text?  You could instead provide menus, or other uncool, old-school, actually-useful tools.

There's an overall sacrifice of utility to the stark faux-simplicity design fad of the day.   (See my thread about the unhelpful titling of the Scan Reports.)

(*) One example design bug, showing non-obvious and ill-tested UI: you have to 'just know' that if you click to ignore a threat, you'll be offered the otherwise-invisible "ignore always affordance.

- Dan in Boston