toadboy

Downloaded a trojan keylogger

Hi.

I got a msg about updating a wallet for my Verge XVG crypto wallet and it turned out to be a keylogger.

I think windefend stopped it when I ran the exe file.

I have removed all traces of it from my pc I believe but I want you to take a look anyway.

2019-11-20 16_57_07-Window.png

2019-11-20 16_58_37-Window.png

2019-11-20 17_33_01-Window.png

FRST.txt Addition.txt

I would like to add the link to the virus itself so hopefully you might check it out and see what it does.

https://github.com/vergescurrency/VERGE/releases/tag/v6.1.0

I downloaded the one called: verge-6.1.0-win64.zip  and I replaced the old verge-qt.exe file in my program with the verge-qt.exe file from that link and I executed it.

https://github.com/vergescurrency/VERGE/releases/download/v6.1.0/verge-6.1.0-win64.zip

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed hyperlink

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

I confirm that your logs are clean of Malware.

Stay safe.

Hi,

This is my reply to your Personal Message.

No one can be 100% sure that you do not have some unknown malware on the computer.

For your peace of mind run this tool.

Sophos Virus Removal Tool

Please download Sophos Virus Removal Tool and save it to your computer's Desktop.

• Right-click the icon and select Run as administrator.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • Click the Next button.
  • Select 'I accept the terms in the license agreement', then click Next twice.
  • Click the Install button and wait until the installation is complete.
  • Click the Finish button. The tool created a shortcut icon on the Desktop of your computer.
  • Now, double-click the Sophos Virus Removal Tool shortcut icon to run the tool.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • After it updates and a "Start Scanning" button appears in the lower right:
    • Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.
    • Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
    • Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.

Windows Vista and above:
C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Sophos Virus Removal Tool\Logs\SophosVirusRemovalTool.log

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply and note any errors encountered.
===

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks