Updating/Display Updates

• First, I do love the new GUI. I know you can check for APP updates via the pull down menu. 
    • Does that Check for App updates and protection updates, or just app?
  • I know you can see when the last update check occurred by pulling down the menulet, but I do miss the ability to see "outdated" on the main screen to remind you that what you have is outdated. Is there no way to see that now, or does is appear somewhere still when outdated?
  • I know you can view the reports box, but It would be nice to have a GUI box on that main page that shows current APP version and Current Protection Update version.

Again, love this app and have been using for awhile now. I love seeing the ad at the LAX airport when I am out there.

Greetings,

I am a Windows user so I do not know all of the details and inner working of the application, however I suspect it likely does still display a notification/alert status whenever the program's detection signatures are out of date.  You might also be able to find answers to some of your questions in the Malwarebytes for Mac v4 user guide located here.

In the meantime, hopefully a member of the Mac Support team will be able to provide more definitive answers to your questions, but I hope that I have been able to help in some way.

14 hours ago, Kehrer said:

First, I do love the new GUI. I know you can check for APP updates via the pull down menu. 

• Does that Check for App updates and protection updates, or just app?

Not sure what pull-down menu you mean. When you use the Malwarebytes app's Malwarebytes pull-down menu and select "Check For Updates...", it only checks to see if there is an App update.

If you use the menubar icon pull-down that is present even when the app is not open and select "Update Protection" it only checks for protection updates.

A member of the staff should stop by tomorrow and take note of your recommendations. At least one other user has made similar observations.

• Staff

As Al has stated, there are two different menu items, one for checking for app updates, and one for checking for protection (database) updates. Also, if the database becomes outdated, due to not being able to connect to the update server, it will not only say so in the menu attached to the menu bar icon, it will also display a warning in the main dashboard within the Malwarebytes app.

Hello Treed and thank you for replying. Well, on 3 different MBA's, I've let the updates lag as a test. There has been no indicator in the main window that updates are out of date. Then, I ran the "update protection" from the minulet and then opened reports to show that it updated to a new version.Would it be possible, as a feature request, to add a GUI box on the main window that just list current app version and version of protection updates currently installed? Also, from that minulet, I always see "last protection update" as occurring before I opened the app. I do not have that option checked in preferences, so I'm just wondering what this represents. Like I said, been using this app for some time and have always loved it. Just trying to understand this new update to version 4x.