TheQuickFox

Malwarebytes 4 not registering with Windows Security center

Malwarebytes 4.0.4 is enabled and protecting my system. The setting to register Malwarebytes as anti-virus program with Windows security center has been enabled. But Windows security center warns me that virus- and spyware protection is disabled.

When I disable and re-enable the "Always register Malwarebytes with Windows security center" option, the warning goes away, only to return after the next reboot.
I've got this issue on all of my 4 Windows 7 x64 computers.

Is this a known issue with the new Malwarebytes 4? I did not have it with v3.

malwarebytes0.jpg.d4c2170bc6ab0d374cdb5fd74c829c7b.jpgmalwarebytes1.thumb.jpg.a348e964e30bf890512bbb3fb5c3b14b.jpgmalwarebytes2.thumb.jpg.728497c9244901dc8f3905b5abd9af15.jpg

I have the same problem on Windows 10..

On system boot, Malwarebytes doesn't register with Windows security center even though I have it turned on in the settings.

On every reboot I have to go into the settings and turn it off and on again to get it to register with the security center..  ☹️

Hope they fix this...

I am having the exact same issue, but if I turn "Web Protection" off then back on it registers with Windows 10.

6 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Hello and Welcome

Please gather and provide logs with the Malwarebytes Support Tool so we can take a closer look at the issues you're experiencing.
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2396

Thank you. For privacy reasons, I opt to not provide logs for now.
I just like to know if this is a known issue, and according to what I read of -JR-, it probably is.

Hello.

Yes it is a known issue.   It does not happen to all systems.

Please see the note by LiquidTension

Everyone's computer is different and its hard to see what may be causing your issue without looking at logs.

You can provide the logs privately to the support staff and they may be able to assist you further, or you can always open a support ticket as well.

You can go to https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/windows

Open a support ticket or chat with support.

Or you can send your logs privately to @LiquidTension or @AdvancedSetup

Yes, with over 4 billion computers connected to the Internet these days, one can imagine the sheer amount of difference between systems both in hardware and software and the millions of differences in the registry as well.

As @Firefox said. It's probably best to contact support if you don't want to post logs in public. Extremely difficult if not near impossible to know what might be causing the issue. Even with logs there is no guarantee that it can be easily fixed on every system but we'll try.

2 hours ago, LiquidTension said:

Hi all,

No logs are necessary for this issue. We're already working on a fix and hope to make it available in a future update.

Thank you. I will await the update.