Sign in to follow this  
torrey

Unable to install through Management Console

I am trying to deploy Malwarebytes AntiRansomware via the management console. We are running MWB Endpoint Security console and managed client version is 1.9.0.3671. The client machines already have business anti malware (1.80.2.1012) and anti exploit (1.13.2.117) running on them. When I try to add antiransomware remotely from the console the install fails and it stops the MEE service. 

None that I can see. From the console it looks like the install is successful but it does is and the MEEClient Service stops.

Hello @torrey

When looking at your Management console's client tab, are you seeing the 3rd icon for Anti-Ransomware in the client list?  Is that icon on any of the endpoints?

Warm Regards,

The icon is showing for machines on which I installed Antiransomware when previously testing the program - these machines had it pushed from the management console when MBAM and MBAE were installed. We have no problem installing antiransomware remotely as long as it is with the initial push of malwarebytes antimalware and exploit prevention - just when we try to push it by itself 

Hello @torrey,

Can you try an uninstall and redeploy to this endpoint to see if it works on the second time.  

Warm Regards,

Just to make sure I understand. Do you want me to uninstall and redeploy to a machine it is already successfully installed on? And, all three pieces or just antiransomware?

The install was tried on 43 machines and none of them have Antiransomware to uninstall.

Hello @torrey,

In that case, you'll just want to run the full installer with all items checked.  It will notice the products already installed and skip them.

Warm Regards,

I picked a machine out of the group and tried the full install as you suggested. The outcome was the same. I have access to this machine so I checked out the Windows event logs and there is nothing there that I can see that would give a clue as to why this is failing.

I created a fresh installation package with everything selected and tried a manual install. The first window to pop up was this one:

image.png.6cd4828e12844abcf7aeee355e0b7c5d.png

I chose the "Remove" option. After the Managed Client was removed I ran the install again and it said it completed successfully. But then I got this message 

image.png.0713647c198c671ea8e7afeec21f33fa.png

I rebooted the PC and anti-exploit was able to start-up without the licensing warning, but I noticed that MBAM was missing. I attempted to install antimalware from the control console and the installation failed. I then uninstalled from the control console, rebooted and was able to successfully install from the console after the reboot.

However, since I have a large number of PCs to add Antiransomware to I don't want to uninstall and reinstall.

Hello @torrey

I see that a case has been opened regarding this issue.  I will continue to support you via the case you have opened up.

Warm Regards,