• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Yes, unfortunately the CU2 beta as reported by some others as well did not correct the issue you're having as I was hoping.

Please restart your computer. Do not use the MBST tool

After the restart open Malwarebytes and go to Settings, Account Details - and deactivate the program. Make sure you have the email or license number written down and saved.

Then go into Control Panel, Programs, Add/Remove and uninstall Malwarebytes 4 and reboot when asked.

Then you can download the installer for version 3.8.3 from this link
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3-windows-legacy

Then install version 3.x and activate it.

Then review these articles on how to prevent version 4 from automatically requesting to install again for now.

Constant upgrade notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows v3
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039025613-Constant-upgrade-notifications-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v3

Turn off upgrade notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows v3
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038516714-Turn-off-upgrade-notifications-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v3

MB3.x download link
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3-windows-legacy

Please let me know if you have any further questions

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links

I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the old version and set it to not update to the latest version.

Everyting loaded fine and I ran a manual threat scan and it ran and finished in 17 minutes.

All is well except that I am running the older version (that was always very good and protective)

It feels very good to be protected and I am not getting any "Page unresponsive" errors and things are running smoothly.

Thanks

So, this evening I went to my laptop and I noticed that my Malwarebytes desktop shortcut was gone. I tried to start tha program from the "show hidden icons" arrow but although it showed up there, it would not start. I restarted the computer and all traces of Malwarebytes were gone. There was nothing to remove in the Programs and Features area of the control manel, but there were some folders left on the "C" drive, but no .exe files

So I re installed the previous version 3.8, and when I went to activate the license, it said that I had used all of my permissions, see below

image.thumb.png.5d880feaef9d818c3ac0d6aa0ad9ee57.png

On 12/12/2019 at 4:08 PM, Robert2054 said:

So I re installed the previous version 3.8, and when I went to activate the license, it said that I had used all of my permissions

Please start by creating an account at My.Malwarebytes.com if you haven't done so already, if possible using the same email address you used when you originally purchased your license.  You will find instructions on how to do so in this support article.  Once that is done you should be able to use the Deactivate all function to reset your license/devices so that you may activate your license on your device again.  You may refer to the information in this support article for more details.

If that does not resolve the issue then please contact Malwarebytes Support directly by filling out the form on the bottom of this page and they will assist you in getting your license working again.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links
  • 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Hello @Robert2054

Just following up to let you know that this issue should now be resolved. Please install the latest version of the program and check for updates. Then let me know if you're still experiencing any issues or not.

I would recommend you grab the offline installer if you're not currently running MB4 anymore. Record your license information then uninstall MB3 and reboot. Then install  MB4 and check for updates. Then activate after you get the latest updates.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb4_offline

Thanks

• Root Admin

Please note though this is still a beta update so if you're uncomfortable with beta you may still want to wait. You need to enable beta updates to get the latest (before activating would be my recommendation)

OK, I uninstalled (I had to, it was hung up searching for updates for 14 hours) and reinstalled Malwarebytes, this time selecting the "enable beta updates" button.

I ran a normal threat scan and it finished in 11 minutes 6 seconds. All seems well so far.

Thanks