MB browser guard getting in the way and it caused download to fail

Gt-truth

description of the problem :

Malwarebytes Browser Guard is caused of big files download interrupted in the Firefox web-browser version 70.0.1

just want to grab the newer updated version of ISO file for windows 10 by head over on Microsoft website , I click on the link to download the ISO file named (Win10_1903_V2_English_x64) but the downloads keeps falling for 3 times as of now . so the first thing I had to do is to disable Malwarebytes add-on as a test and hey the download now is back to normal and it continue now to downloading when I click on retry button ....

the ISO file of Win10_1903_V2_English_x64 is about 5GB <

• Root Admin

Hello @Gt-truth

Sorry to hear you were having issues with a download. The size should have nothing at all to do with it. Possibly a FP redirect happening in javascript that we detected. Do you have the exact link so that I can try to test and see if I can duplicate the issue or not. Do you have a screenshot of the block?

Thank you

Ron

hello @AdvancedSetup  and your welcome .

unfortunately , I have not made an screenshot for the "download error" because I was trying to forced download of the ISO file ! but hey I have made only one screenshot before I re-enable Malwarebytes browser guard version 2.0.1

1. I had close down the Firefox web browser with all add-ons are enabled and re-open it and the problem still there
  2. then I had to disable Malwarebytes browser guard version 2.0.1 and then I click on retry button in Firefox download windows and the download of the windows 10 ISO is now work .

there is no any block on the link by Malwarebytes browser guard version 2.0.1 but the only thing I can to tell is the download to fail that way when the Malwarebytes browser guard version 2.0.1 extension is fully enabled .

CpWz_651.png

9 minutes ago, gatortail said:

Please update to the current version, 2.1.2.

hello gatortail

my bad for posting the wrong version number for Malwarebytes Browser Guard which can be found it in topic tag and in the above reply , while I have the latest version 2.1.2 already updated .since 12 day ago .

let me know if there anything can I do ,

• Root Admin

The link is only good for 24 hours. That's okay, I went and got my own link but Malwarebytes Browser Guard did not block or cause any issues with me downloading it.

It blocks one marketing link on Microsoft and that is all.

image.png

You can see here the file is downloading without an issue.

image.png

This is my version on Firefox 70.0.1

image.png

that is very strange now . I had to check again on Microsoft website and the Iso version above is no longer listed for download but they now is offering the new ISO released a few day ago which is (Win10_1909_English_x64) anyway I have make another download for Win10_1909_English_x64  and was there no any block and not causes any downloads problem at least this time when I had to make downloading of Win10_1909_English_x64 and the download is complete without a problem 

yes the download link is only valid for 24 hours but hey we can to make a new link for almost any others ISO version old or new .

and if the issue is return again then I will let you know :)

thanks to you for all of tests on this , your screenshot and reply .

CpWz_675.png