Version 4 not installing

I been fighting this same issue on just one of two PCs after renewing license!   I tried loading V4 from Malware web site and from within Malware settings/applications/ install applications update on PC.  Same error which concerns me, so I restore with an older image.   Actually I have restored that image more that once as I don't like way the Malwarebyte installs (or don't install without error).    I did create a ticket and got an email with a suggestion (a canned suggestion) which didn't work and I already had done.   Reply to email and get nothing?  Think I should go back to what I use to use several years ago- free version.   Could just put CC in dispute.

Once when I installed I deleted the desktop Malware icon and told the install to put on a desktop icon.   It did not put on the desktop icon.  The install goes and looks like it will complete, it appears to be fine when you run showing the most current release, but there is that error message that just doesn't sit right with me.   Also, it not a big deal, but it should have put that stupid icon on desktop which is no big deal to do myself.  Another difference is that I did not get a screen as the email link Malware "canned message" showed, I did not get a screen asking if I was home or business.   Tired of messing with this, can't trust program installs that end with  error messages.

7 minutes ago, diverjer said:

I been fighting this same issue on just one of two PCs after renewing license!

We need to get information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward.
 NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support- 1.5.1.681.exe to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

Since I restored with an image made prior to the error loading Malware, there is nothing on that machine to show I even attempted to load Malware 4.   I may just wait until they get this fixed or cancel the paid version?   I guess in my old age (72) I am getting grumpy or maybe it the almost 40 years I spent as system software tech on mainframes?   I just want the guy I sent the trouble ticket to figure out what is wrong and fix it.    However, for now that other machine is running 3.7.1. 

Thanks for your response, I may try that at some point if it gets so cold that I am staying inside.  Now it's 28 degrees and I got to saw up some firewood.  That will work some of my frustration out.   Still wonder where those technicians are on my trouble ticket, must not be like in my day when we actually worked? 

Well it seems like I fixed it, no thanks to the technical support center which never even responded except with "canned email responses".   Hope I never have a serious problem that causes down time.  Guess that is why I do two complete images a week, never know what will happen.  Looking around on this error, it looks like V4 was just released Monday.  The only reason I hit the download button was I just renewed and was prompted to download.  My thoughts are never be in on the leading edge of new releases, I actually call them the bleeding edge of technology, let someone else get the kinks out.   

From reading other post on forum, I decided not doing a dump of log.   I would just clean all old junk off that had to deal with Malware.  So using the Malware Support Tool I cleaned off the old version which if I remember right was 3.7.1? 

Anyway after cleaning, rebooting and reloading- it did not get the meaningless error message " An error occurred ".    So the 4th attempt worked.   Did a complete scan of two systems and appears to be working. 

1 hour ago, diverjer said:

Well it seems like I fixed it, no thanks to the technical support center which never even responded except with "canned email responses".   Hope I never have a serious problem that causes down time.  Guess that is why I do two complete images a week, never know what will happen.  Looking around on this error, it looks like V4 was just released Monday.  The only reason I hit the download button was I just renewed and was prompted to download.  My thoughts are never be in on the leading edge of new releases, I actually call them the bleeding edge of technology, let someone else get the kinks out.   

From reading other post on forum, I decided not doing a dump of log.   I would just clean all old junk off that had to deal with Malware.  So using the Malware Support Tool I cleaned off the old version which if I remember right was 3.7.1? 

Anyway after cleaning, rebooting and reloading- it did not get the meaningless error message " An error occurred ".    So the 4th attempt worked.   Did a complete scan of two systems and appears to be working. 

I want to add a thank you to those who posted the various solutions on this forum, it is from reading those postings that I decided on the course of action to solve the problem.