MB4 will not open after install

Hello and Welcome!

If you could please update to the latest version 4 and if the issue still persists then please provide the requested logs.

Please gather and provide logs with the Malwarebytes Support Tool so we can take a closer look at the issues you're experiencing.
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2396

Edited by Firefox

21 hours ago, Firefox said:

If you could please update to the latest version 4 and if the issue still persists then please provide the requested logs.

Please gather and provide logs with the Malwarebytes Support Tool so we can take a closer look at the issues you're experiencing.
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2396

Upgraded to latest version. Attached is the zip file. Thanks!

mbst-grab-results.zip

20 minutes ago, Oops said:

Upgraded to latest version. Attached is the zip file. Thanks!

Please restart. Start button-Restart

Pending File Rename Operations
==================================
C:\ProgramData\McInstTemp0084661573139488\McInst.exe                                 
C:\ProgramData\McInstTemp0084661573139488\McInst.exe                                 
C:\ProgramData\McInstTemp0084661573139488                                            
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\Plugins\clock                   
C:\Users\A\AppData\Local\Temp\C3B54348-A8ED-4030-A239-63E6BAC19F4B\report_sender_standard.exe
C:\Users\A\AppData\Local\Temp\C3B54348-A8ED-4030-A239-63E6BAC19F4B\                  
C:\Users\A\AppData\Local\Temp\E86445D7-9711-4311-BBC8-E3972C437A76\                  
C:\Users\A\AppData\Local\Temp\C3B54348-A8ED-4030-A239-63E6BAC19F4B                   
C:\PROGRAMDATA\MALWAREBYTES\MBAMSERVICE\instlrupdate\MBSetup.exe  

Hi @Oops,

I saw your post in the other topic.

As you have an AMD graphics card, could you start by ensuring the drivers are up-to-date.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

• Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
  • Type dxdiag and click OK.
  • Wait for the window the open. It may take ~30 seconds.
  • Once opened, click Save all information.
  • Save the file to your Desktop and attach it in your next reply.

Afterwards:

• Ensure mbam.exe is not running.
  • Please download DebugView using the link below.
    https://live.sysinternals.com/dbgview.exe
  • Open your Downloads folder.
  • Double-click nHEhMHp.png Dbgview.exe. Click Yes if prompted by AVOiBNU.jpg User Account Control.
  • Wait for the DebugView window to open.
  • Once open, attempt to open the Malwarebytes user interface and wait for the error.
  • Wait 20 seconds.
  • Click File followed by Save as.
  • Select your Desktop as the save location and save the file.
  • Please attach the saved file in your next reply.

@LiquidTension

My PC is old - my graphics driver is the latest and doesn't fully support windows 10.

That said, I rolled back my mbam to 3.8 something and now get a "loadlibrary failed with error code 87: the parameter is incorrect" upon bootup.

As an aside, I tied to do a full system scan with McAfee yesterday and it never fully ran. Usually it completes within 3-4 hrs. I ran it for about 17 hrs and it was still at 50%. Never had this problem before.

Here are the files you requested (running the older mbam). At this stage, my PC has some long lasting problems from v. 4 and I really don't want to reinstall it.

Dbgview file.LOGDxDiag.txt

@nikhils

Safe mode doesn't help at all.

I uninstalled a trial version of Acronis 2020 and now no longer get error code 87. Coincidence? Acronis was on my PC before I updated to v. 4. I was going to uninstall MB with CCleaner but am not sure how many times I can input my license key. I'll wait for a response before trying that and then reinstalling v. 3.8.

Thanks

@nikhils, @LiquidTension

I uninstalled MB again and again reinstalled v 3.8.3.2965. Everything is now running smoothly. All is good. I'll stick with this version until all the wrinkles are ironed out. In all sincerity, I really like MalewareBytes - this program caught a Trojan virus when no other paid subscriptions did. That is why I purchased the premium version. Thanks for your collective help!