Next scheduled scan incorrect in 4.0.4

It is currently 10:18 PM on Nov 6 in my time zone.  My last scheduled scan ran at 12:01 AM today.  It is scheduled as a daily scan to run at 12:01 AM.  So the next time it should be scheduled to run is  12:01 AM on Nov 7.  

If I look at the Scanner section on the main window it shows the next scheduled scan as 12:01 today.  Shouldn't say 12:01 tomorrow?

Thanks,
Bill

image.png.8b31d1215a21481a3b5419fc33b3d268.png

image.png.c3b24e4b66bac73b10a84412150fd038.png

image.png.f64649c93a7b013d8bb8caafc499fde5.png 

Edited by BillH99999

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

I notice that the area of the UI you are referring to actually says Scheduled scans, not Next scheduled scan which indicates that it may just be referring to the time when the most recent scheduled scan occurred (i.e. Last scheduled scan) and I suspect this is why it is showing what it is, though a member of the staff may correct me if I am wrong.

@exile360

This is from the user guide:  

Scanner

The Scanner card shows the time for the next scheduled scan, if you are using the Premium or Trial versions.

@LiquidTension

Here are the requested logs.

Well, today the scan ran at 12:01 AM and the Scanner section shows the next scheduled scan as being Tomorrow 12:01 AM. So it is correct now.  

Thanks
Bill

image.png.5424e0c9160d3c5e37b484ea6beb7f53.png

mbst-grab-results.zip

Edited by BillH99999

I have the same thing, says 2AM today, but you go to edit it and says 2AM on the 9th.  Must be using a time where it is already the 9th for their calculations?

Also, when I edit a scheduled scan or add a scan schedule it doesn't appear until I close Malwarebytes and the open Malwarebytes .

It ran in background on my laptop also. I will watch tonight, I have it run nightly at 2am. Since loading version 4 I have been have a few odd things and trying to learn the new interface. Since I think about it, I could have left Malware open last night when trying to get it to change scheduled scans. If I did, I could see why the window was open showing results of a scan. Will update, bet that is what I did.

Yeah, that could be it, or it could have some kind of bug causing issues with differentiating between AM and PM or something like that, like maybe the underlying code is using a 24 hour clock (which I suspect it likely is, as that's a typical thing for developers to do) and maybe they don't have the logic for interpreting the time of day as it is output to the UI configured correctly so that it is showing the wrong thing at the wrong time at certain times of day/night.

16 hours ago, diverjer said:

It ran in background on my laptop also. I will watch tonight, I have it run nightly at 2am. Since loading version 4 I have been have a few odd things and trying to learn the new interface. Since I think about it, I could have left Malware open last night when trying to get it to change scheduled scans. If I did, I could see why the window was open showing results of a scan. Will update, bet that is what I did.

No window opened this morning and according to log it ran fine in background at 2AM.   I just left window open before, so it was what I use to tell users was an ID 10 T error.

Hehe, no worries.  Thanks for confirming that it wasn't a bug with the software.  Hopefully the day displayed issue for the scheduler will be resolved soon.  I suspect it likely will be in the next component update/patch which will likely be released sometime within the next few weeks depending on how many tweaks and bugfixes they're working on and how long it takes them to code and test everything.

• 3 months later...