ronzie009

Can't open MBAM after V 4 install

5 hours ago, LiquidTension said:

Hi all,

Could you provide us with the information below please to help us resolving this issue.

• Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
  • Type dxdiag and click OK.
  • Wait for the window the open. It may take ~30 seconds.
  • Once opened, click Save all information.
  • Save the file to your Desktop and attach it in your next reply.

Thank you!

Requested file attached. Dxdiag run as administrator in RDP session on server machine. MBAM 4.04 installed and running.

2019-11-12_DxDiag.zip

For users able to reproduce this, could you try setting a couple of QT (the framework used to build the Malwarebytes UI) environment variables and check if the issue still occurs or not?

To set the environment variables, ensure the Malwarebytes UI is closed and run the following batch file as administrator: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/hbxc3vcb8spn2dv6qvnrrtumvrb8iv36

• "SUCCESS: Specified value was saved." should be outputted twice.
  • After running the batch file, check if the Malwarebytes UI will open normally.
  • If it doesn't, reboot and check again.

Hello @LiquidTension:

The box.com download above may require change to permit non-Malwarebytes employee (public) access.

Thank you.

Thanks LiquidTension. I did not try this yet as I thought I would wait till you send out update to you software. Will this be done at some point or must we run this batch file to fix this issue?

On 11/11/2019 at 9:16 PM, bl8demast3r said:

I'm running an AMD Radeon HD 6870 and after connecting through teamviewer it worked again! I have another computer with a GT 1030 and didn't run into this issue. This must be something to do only with AMD cards. 

Thanks guys!

I'm with gtx 1660ti. BTW is problem fixed or there are other bugs? Want to install free version jusr for regular scans.