maticek2002

High CPU usage until I open Task maneager

hi

I noticed my laptop is running very loud but when I check on task manager what is using my CPU, CPU usage quickly drops from 100% to like 5%. I suspect I have some kind of mining malware on my computer.

Hope u can help me with my problem.

Thanks

Hello @maticek2002

Actually this is not a sign of an infection. It is very common and appears to be something that Microsoft has possibly changed in maybe the last year or so. If it was there before then people were not noticing it. It seems to happen on all computers, mine included and I have a pretty high end computer.

The logs do not indicate any signs of an infection either. We could do some general cleaning and OS file verification if you like, but again, what you're seeing is normal on Windows 10 today

It's not. If you launch Task Manager and it's using 100% it will normally go down to below 10% if you're not doing anything within a few seconds. If you have it open and it's using 75% ALL the time then that is something else. But, you said UNTIL I open Task Manger - without Task Manger how do you know what you're using?

When task bar is closed (not opened) I can hear that computer is at high load. But then when I open TM it quiets down and runs normally

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks