siliconman01

V4.0.4.49 beta download link

Is there a download link for beta version 4.0.4.49 component v1.0.717?  Perhaps a changelog too?

The only official download link I know of is here unfortunately, and that's just for the web installer.  I don't believe they've brought the offline installer back online for version 4 yet so that seems to be the only option at the moment (I believe there's also a larger installer around that includes databases, but I believe it too is just a web installer, just with more of the files included).  As for changes, I believe most of that information, or at least a high level summary of it, can be found in this thread, though I seem to recall the installer also including an option to show a changelog (though as far as I can tell, it is nowhere to be found once the installation is completed unfortunately so I can't just pull it up to post it otherwise I would).  There is also this entry from the Release History on the Malwarebytes Support site, but again, it's mostly a high-level summary.

Edited by exile360

Is that implying that version 4.0.4.49 is not beta but the official public release that was announced Monday?

8 minutes ago, siliconman01 said:

Is that implying that version 4.0.4.49 is not beta but the official public release that was announced Monday?

Yes 4.0.4.49 is the RTM version, (note that 'Beta' has been removed from the header).-

image.png.d608e1d461f536311da1673f075e9340.png

Edited by nukecad

Excellent, I wasn't certain if that link was public or not and I also wasn't sure if it was the actual full offline installer or just a web version with the databases/signatures bundled in to conserve some bandwidth during install as it's using the same wrapper as the web installer.

Edited by exile360

3 hours ago, exile360 said:

Excellent, I wasn't certain if that link was public or not

Well I'm not sure how 'official' the link is - but as LT posted it that's probably official enough for most of us.

Thanks for confirming that.

One slight point- when I downloaded it from that first link it has/had the same filename as the standard installer. (As you mentioned above).

Maybe they could/should be differentiated in some way.

Edited by nukecad