MalwareBytes 4

I don’t really feel that could be the issue, just wanted to get the facts out in case it makes any difference when the staff drops by.

I suspect there are several possibilities that they will want to explore. It could be unique to your older model or El Capitan. It could be some sort of corruption on your computer (you’ve had more than your fair share of problems with this product). My guess would be that something went wrong with the update from version 3 and you need to completely uninstall Malwarebytes, then download and install version 4. But please don’t do that until the staff has a chance to comment. They may want to have you submit some diagnostic information directly to them, in case it’s something they need to change on their end.

• Staff

You're looking at the wrong version number. That is the database version, not the app version. Make sure to update the app by choosing Check for updates from the Malwarebytes menu within the app. (At the moment, upgrades are being metered, so not everyone will see them... but doing this will bypass the metering and allow you to install the update right now.)

1666201459_ScreenShot2019-11-06at8_56_27AM.png.ac5f6786ab8575f0be6d0583fc973bc8.png

Thomas Reed - Many thanks.  I am up and running.  I really feel ignorant; Your screen shot looked nothing like what I got when opening MB from the icon.  Until I looked carefully, I never noticed anything MB next to the apple in the upper left of the screen. I should be slapped for bothering you folks.  Thanks again.  David

Yes, the menubar icon is associated with what used to be called the RTProtection process that runs in the background and is not directly related to the Malwarebytes app when it is open.