Script Error pop-up may be an infection?

MagreX

Today, after I ran CCleaner for the first time in months (with an older version because I didn't feel like updating it), I got this really strange Script Error pop up. It's still here, I haven't closed it.

I don't know what it means, but after Googling a bit, the only thread I found said that it was an infection and now I'm kinda spooked.

Any idea? Malwarebytes doesn't find anything. The forum I saw told the other guy to run AdwCleaner, so I did, and that also apparently found nothing.

Attached below is a screenshot of the script error pop-up. Please help!

Help.png

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

This may be caused by a setting in Internet Explorer.

Script error messages are displayed by Internet Explorer when there is a problem with the JavaScript or VBScript code on the website you are viewing. Occasionally a script error can be caused by an error in downloading a webpage, but more often it is an error in the webpage itself.

Perform the steps to disable script debugging and then check if it helps.

a: Open Internet Explorer.

b: Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

😄 Click the Advanced tab, select the Disable script debugging Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes.

d: Clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.
==

Let me know if the problem is solved.

47 minutes ago, nasdaq said:

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

This may be caused by a setting in Internet Explorer.

Script error messages are displayed by Internet Explorer when there is a problem with the JavaScript or VBScript code on the website you are viewing. Occasionally a script error can be caused by an error in downloading a webpage, but more often it is an error in the webpage itself.

Perform the steps to disable script debugging and then check if it helps.

a: Open Internet Explorer.

b: Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

😄 Click the Advanced tab, select the Disable script debugging Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes.

d: Clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.
==

Let me know if the problem is solved.

Hi, thanks for the response. I tried to do what you said, but as soon as I opened up Internet Options and went to the Advanced Tab, everything you wanted me to do was already done, like so.

IE.png

35 minutes ago, nasdaq said:

The Web site you were visiting has a script error.

Nothing to worry about.

If you have confidence in the site next time press Yes to continue.

I see. That's a relief, thank you! I should point out that I was using Firefox only. I hardly ever use Chrome and I never use Internet Explorer or MIcrosoft Edge. Would this error message still pop up if I was using Firefox?

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks