Spent a long time reviewing the log and I did not find any smoking gun. I'll see if one of the QA team members can find anything or not too.

Hello @miguelgrado

Let me have you run the following procedures so that we can try to get a memory dump of what is currently going on when the program isn't working as expected.

Please note that it is currently a Holiday in the US and many workers will not be back to work until Monday. As such there will be an increased delay due to amount of new requests for support.

1. First - reboot the computer and make sure Malwarebytes 4 is not currently in a hung or frozen state. Temporarily disable any other security software and re-enable it once done.
  2. Open Malwarebytes and go to Settings -> General - and enable Event log data

image.png

3. Open Malwarebytes and go to Settings -> Security -> scroll to Windows startup and click the Advanced link and disable the self-protection module

image.png

4. Download the following Procdump.zip file: Procdump.zip from Box 
  5. Right click on procdump.zip and then choose properties
  6. In the window that pops up, click the unblock entry near the bottom and then click OK

image.png

7. Extract procdump.zip (it will create a new folder)
  8. Run Malwarebytes 4 and perform the scan that is exhibiting the issue and wait until it is in the failed state
  9. Open the folder where the files were extracted from procdump.zip
  10. Right click "5 - mbamservice_memory" and select Run as administrator 
  11. Wait 10-30 seconds and then the black window should go away
  12. There should be a new file in the folder that ends with .dmp (How to show file extensions in Windows 10)
  13. Right click the DMP file and choose Send to -> Compressed (Zipped) folder
  14. Reply with the dump file attached to your post
  15. Run the MBST tool again and grab a new set of logs and post those back as well - Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs manually 
  16. Let us know what type of scan was run (Threat vs Custom, scheduled vs manual) 
  17. Disable the Event log data from Step 2 at this time

Thank you

hello

producdump does not work.I have run it several times, it opens cmd for a second and closes without generating any files

Hello @miguelgrado

I will look at retesting the procedure and see if I can determine why it did not run correctly for you. In the meantime, can you please try adding the following exclusions to Malwarebytes

Can you please add exclusions for the following folders.

%programdata%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader
%systemroot%\system32\config

If you need help on doing that please let me know.

Then run a new scan and let me know if there are any issues with the scan.

Thank you again

Hello

Those exclusions, you had indicated to me earlier, and the result is the same

Ok...I see that there are more users reporting exactly the same, identical problems. I hope you can locate the problem to fix it in an upcoming update

Thanks

Yes, I'm tracking 4 users with what appears to be the same issue. The Helpdesk also has a few users with what appears to be this issue. Unfortunately no one in Support can replicate this issue so we're working on trying to debug the cause. If we were able to replicate the issue it would be so much easier to try to debug it. I'm hoping to validate the testing method by later today and provide you an update.

Thank  you again

I finished building a new Windows 10 test box and ran the test on my system. It looks like I provided an older method that no longer works on the 4.x version and Windows 10. I'm working with our internal team to update a newer process method that will run for us.

Hello @miguelgrado

I'm very sorry but so far we're still unable to determine what is causing this issue. You may wish to revert back to the 3.8.3 version while we continue to analyze what is causing this issue.

The current KB articles will help you to set version 3.x from updating to 4.x for now

Constant upgrade notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows v3
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2465

Turn off upgrade notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows v3
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2142

MB3.x download link
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3-windows-legacy

Thank you

I hope you can find out soon. If they need it, they can connect to my pc to do live checks, because I know that this makes it easier to see some problems, since there are more users affected...

In our Forospyware, there are more pcs with those problems too

Thank you

Hi @miguelgrado

We have released a new CU2 beta update that does address several issues. Can you please temporarily disable all other security software. If you have Malwarebytes 3.x installed please uninstall it and reboot.

Then download and install Malwarebytes 4 and set it to download beta versions. Then check for updates, it should update, then reboot the computer and try a scan and let me know if that corrects the issue or not.

image.png

After the update you should have the following or newer updates.

image.png