V4 scans not works

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Hello @miguelgrado

Let me have you run the following procedures so that we can try to get a memory dump of what is currently going on when the program isn't working as expected.

Please note that it is currently a Holiday in the US and many workers will not be back to work until Monday. As such there will be an increased delay due to amount of new requests for support.

1. First - reboot the computer and make sure Malwarebytes 4 is not currently in a hung or frozen state. Temporarily disable any other security software and re-enable it once done.
  2. Open Malwarebytes and go to Settings -> General - and enable Event log data

image.png

3. Open Malwarebytes and go to Settings -> Security -> scroll to Windows startup and click the Advanced link and disable the self-protection module

image.png

4. Download the following Procdump.zip file: Procdump.zip from Box 
  5. Right click on procdump.zip and then choose properties
  6. In the window that pops up, click the unblock entry near the bottom and then click OK

image.png

7. Extract procdump.zip (it will create a new folder)
  8. Run Malwarebytes 4 and perform the scan that is exhibiting the issue and wait until it is in the failed state
  9. Open the folder where the files were extracted from procdump.zip
  10. Right click "5 - mbamservice_memory" and select Run as administrator 
  11. Wait 10-30 seconds and then the black window should go away
  12. There should be a new file in the folder that ends with .dmp (How to show file extensions in Windows 10)
  13. Right click the DMP file and choose Send to -> Compressed (Zipped) folder
  14. Reply with the dump file attached to your post
  15. Run the MBST tool again and grab a new set of logs and post those back as well - Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs manually 
  16. Let us know what type of scan was run (Threat vs Custom, scheduled vs manual) 
  17. Disable the Event log data from Step 2 at this time

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links

• Root Admin

Hello @miguelgrado

I will look at retesting the procedure and see if I can determine why it did not run correctly for you. In the meantime, can you please try adding the following exclusions to Malwarebytes

Can you please add exclusions for the following folders.

%programdata%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader
%systemroot%\system32\config

If you need help on doing that please let me know.

Then run a new scan and let me know if there are any issues with the scan.

Thank you again

• Root Admin

Yes, I'm tracking 4 users with what appears to be the same issue. The Helpdesk also has a few users with what appears to be this issue. Unfortunately no one in Support can replicate this issue so we're working on trying to debug the cause. If we were able to replicate the issue it would be so much easier to try to debug it. I'm hoping to validate the testing method by later today and provide you an update.

Thank  you again

• Root Admin

I finished building a new Windows 10 test box and ran the test on my system. It looks like I provided an older method that no longer works on the 4.x version and Windows 10. I'm working with our internal team to update a newer process method that will run for us.

• Root Admin

Hello @miguelgrado

I'm very sorry but so far we're still unable to determine what is causing this issue. You may wish to revert back to the 3.8.3 version while we continue to analyze what is causing this issue.

The current KB articles will help you to set version 3.x from updating to 4.x for now

Constant upgrade notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows v3

Turn off upgrade notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows v3

MB3.x download link
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3-windows-legacy

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links

I hope you can find out soon. If they need it, they can connect to my pc to do live checks, because I know that this makes it easier to see some problems, since there are more users affected...

In our Forospyware, there are more pcs with those problems too

Thank you

• Root Admin

Hi @miguelgrado

We have released a new CU2 beta update that does address several issues. Can you please temporarily disable all other security software. If you have Malwarebytes 3.x installed please uninstall it and reboot.

Then download and install Malwarebytes 4 and set it to download beta versions. Then check for updates, it should update, then reboot the computer and try a scan and let me know if that corrects the issue or not.

image.png

After the update you should have the following or newer updates.

image.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I wanted to update the situation. Since we left the theme, I did not reopen Mbam, but today seeing that there was a new version of components, and I saw that the program was updated, I decided to try again. Perform a test and this term without problem. Activate malware protection and restart your pc, rescan and finish again without problem. In addition in the few hours of use, the pc with active antimalware protection, does not suffer slowness and behaves normally for now.

I'll try it well and comment again... I hope the problem was fixed, because apparently now everything works well

Thank you

• Root Admin

That is interesting @miguelgrado as the fix for your specific issue was not addressed in this recent fix, but hopefully there is one coming out within a couple weeks that is directed at your issue. It is good to hear though that all appears to be working well at the moment though.

Cheers

Hello

After 24 hours, apparently all normal,I have re-performed a scan after rebooting and everything correct. The pc does not slow down with active shields. I don't know what's changed, but in the latest component updates something has changed that was what affected the program. Even Mbam opens quickly.

I'll keep trying a little more and come back to communicate it

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks