Gt-truth

incomplete update from MB 4.0.3 beta to 4.0.4 final release

trying to update the Malwarebytes from version 4.0.3 beta to the MB version 4.0.4 final release by hovering in the setting page > General > Application updates > and clicking on "check for updates" button and it found an update but I’m not sure whether was is an database update or an competent update , however I do not get that upgrade to the 4.0.4 final release so I’m still with 4.0.3 beta and as of sudden the GUI been upgraded to another changes which is without the robot in the GUI but the version number has not been changed even though I had to click on check for updates button ?  what is going with the Malwarebytes updater thing ?

CpWz_250.png

Thank you for letting us know. Can you restart the UI and then check the versions from the Settings > About page?

My Beta first updated to 4.0.3 public, with the "Beta" remove from main page.  Then a check for updates went to 4.0.4, same component package, "Beata " not on main page.

2019-11-04_10h18_16.png.f355a81e4014911d2f6c5a3ae2a62baa.png

2019-11-04_10h31_53.png

2019-11-04_10h18_46.png

2019-11-04_10h45_21.png

@H4V0C your welcome . yes sure :cool: so what I just did is to quit Malwarebytes to restart the application and after that I reopen MB and now it prompted me to install an update but I click no to check what version that I have on the about page . here are some of screenshots .

Version Information

Malwarebytes version        Update pakeage version        component pakeage version
check for updates            1.0.14556                     1.0.717

CpWz_251.png

CpWz_252.png

1 minute ago, f14tomcat said:

My Beta first updated to 4.0.3 public, with the "Beta" remove from main page.  Then a check for updates went to 4.0.4, same component package, "Beata " not on main page.

Thank you!