How to ask for a refund and cancel subscription

Hi guys,

I have recently renewed my subscription (which I no longer needed) and was wondering how to ask for a refund AND how to cancel my account from being renewed again.

I read in the Forum however I noticed that we have to submit a ticket to Malwarebytes or something of the sort as there is no option to ask for a refund nor cancel the renewal when accessing my Malwarebytes bytes account (they don't make it easy, do they :) ).

Hopefully someone can help.

thanks!

• Staff

Greetings,

You may do both of these things by simply contacting Malwarebytes Support directly by filling out the form on the bottom of this page and they will assist you in getting your extra subscription cancelled and your purchase refunded.

With that said, there is actually an option under your account at My.Malwarebytes.com to cancel auto-renewal for subscriptions, but only if they were purchased through 2Checkout/Avangate, one of two e-commerce providers that handles sales for Malwarebytes products.  Since you do not see this option under your account, then your purchase was most likely handled by the other e-commerce provider, Cleverbridge.  Unfortunately Cleverbridge does not have their licensing/renewal/account management system integrated into the My.Malwarebytes.com My Account feature, likely due to limitations in how their system and servers work for managing subscriptions/licenses, however we have requested that Malwarebytes try to provide this functionality in the future for the convenience off all Malwarebytes customers so that they may access these functions regardless of who their license/subscription may have been purchased through so hopefully it is something that we will have eventually, assuming it is at all possible (though I suspect it likely also requires work on Cleverbridge's end to implement, so it likely depends greatly on their developers, not just Malwarebytes).

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks