Exclamation Mark Against 'Next Scheduled Scan'

I have a scan scheduled to run at 06:00 every Saturday morning.  This morning's scan appears to have run correctly and there's nothing untoward in the report.  However, there is a orange exclamation mark against the field 'next Scheduled Scan' that I can find no reason for.

Any ideas?

Capture.JPG

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

It looks like something may be wrong with the program's settings/configuration files resulting in it displaying an incorrect/impossible date for the next scheduled scan time.  Please try correcting this by accessing the Scan Scheduler tab and opening the scheduled scan to edit it, changing the starting date to any you like (as long as it is either already past or will occur in time for it not to miss your next planned scheduled scan), then click OK and verify that the issue is now corrected.

If this does not correct the issue then it is possible that Malwarebytes' configuration files have become corrupt somehow.  In order to correct this, please try using the repair function in the Malwarebytes Support Tool:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Start Repair
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions and reboot your system if prompted to do so

Once that is done, please check to verify that your next scheduled scan shows up correctly without any errors or alert status and that the program is functioning normally.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Skier said:

The next scheduled scan date is not an impossible date.  The date format is in the normal day/month /year format and shows the next scan as scheduled for next Saturday at 06:00.

Apologies, I didn't realize you had the date format set to English (U.K.) and thought it was showing that the next scheduled scan was set to occur in September rather than November.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I "think" it is about the default "recommended" is daily and the program is giving a "warning" about that.

You may be right, however I don't recall ever seeing this before.  I may have just never noticed it.

4 hours ago, exile360 said:

Apologies, I didn't realize you had the date format set to English (U.K.) and thought it was showing that the next scheduled scan was set to occur in September rather than November.

You may be right, however I don't recall ever seeing this before.  I may have just never noticed it.

No problem, I guessed as much.  You do realise that the ONLY country in the World that uses the M/D/Y date format is the US.

I changed from a daily scan to weekly several months ago as Malwarebytes does a great job of keeping things of the system in the first place.  I have never seen the exclamation mark previously though I may have missed it.  I've just edited the schedul and set it to daily and the exclamation mark is replaced with a green tick.  On setting it back to Weekly the exclamation mark reappears.  Porthos you were spot on.  It seems crazy to me to offer a menu of fequency of a scan and then warn you if you select anyting longer than daily.  I hope that this is a bug and will be rectified.

8 hours ago, Skier said:

No problem, I guessed as much.  You do realise that the ONLY country in the World that uses the M/D/Y date format is the US.

Yes, but you do realize that the default for Malwarebytes is to use the US date standard, and of course since I've lived in the US my entire life, that's the standard I'm used to seeing (as even Windows defaults to it here) and so when I first looked at it I thought it was showing a date in the past.

My guess is that Porthos is correct that it shows the exclamation whenever the default daily scan is not present, however we will need verification to make sure.  I'd do it myself, but unfortunately I'm currently testing the beta which has a completely different UI so it doesn't show an alert status when the scheduler is not configured the way that they want by default (I have no scheduled scans so it just shows 'none' in the UI in the beta; I can't recall what it showed in version 3 when I had no scheduled scans unfortunately).  You could perform a quick test; just change the frequency from weekly back to daily and then return to the main Dashboard tab of the UI and see what it looks like, then switch it back to weekly and see if it changes again.  That will at least validate that frequency is the cause of the change in status.