Kaspersky Total Security 2020 hangs with MBAM

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stopped by to say thanks.  I enabled normal full updates (rather than Beta) after seeing the messages from this forum a couple days ago. 

Woke up today to the pop-up notification that a new version was available.  It quickly installed, I checked Firefox and Thunderbird opening and closing a few times with no problems, then enabled the Ransomware module and did the checks on Firefox and Thunderbird again with no problems.

Like jbraner said above, you took ownership of the problem and fixed it.  I'll remember that.                Jim

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I currently own latest paid version of Malwarebytes for home users.  I want to purchase Kaspersky Total Security 2020 and use it alongside of Malwarebytes, but I’ve come across several posts describing several incompatibilities and issue.

Several months have gone by and wanted to ask if the issues have been resolved?

Greetings,

Please refer to the information in the Malwarebytes support article Malwarebytes for Windows update - March 2020 which states the following:

Malwarebytes for Windows has been updated with new features and improvements in March, 2020.

March 18- version 4.1.0.56 - component update 1.0.851

Improvements

•  Improved UI for certain notifications to show full paths and other detail on hover over.

•  New "Select Background" Display Option.

•  Detection and remediation improvements.

Stability/issues fixed

•   Fixed: Upgrade to Premium Shopping Cart appearing blank under certain circumstances.

•   Fixed: Instability related to ELAM drivers under specific circumstances.

•   Fixed: Several cosmetic UI Dark mode related issues.

•   Addressed: Certain Ransomware protection incompatibilities with Kaspersky, iTunes and Photoshop.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue