Real Time Protection is turned off

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

1 hour ago, Firefox said:

Hello and Welcome @Maja_

Sorry your having issues.  For starters you need to remove the Compatibility Setting you have for mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe          [RUNASADMIN]

@Firefox Thank you for your answer. But please be more specific - where is this "Compatibility Setting" in mbam.exe? I don't see it in the "Dashboard" or "Settings" tab in the application.

Here you go, this is in more detail

I see you are running MB in compatibility mode. Please remove those settings. Then restart your computer.

1. Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\
  2. Find the file mbam.exe and right click on it and choose Properties
  3. In the window that pops up click on Compatibility Tab
  4. Remove any changes there that don't match my picture below and click Apply/OK

672005996_compatibilitytab-2.jpg.e2f699e

@Firefox After I click "Yes" on the dialog "Are you sure you want to remove all Malwarebytes products? ...", the Clean button goes gray and nothing happens afterwards - no removal of Malwarebytes and no backup of a Premium key on the desktop.

I restarted anyway, but no changes whatsoever, the application is not uninstalled.

It appears that the Support Tool is detecting an incompatible version of Windows based on the error.  That is odd because it shouldn't have any trouble running on Windows 7.  I guess whatever mechanism it uses to determine the version of Windows it is running on had an issue correctly detecting your Windows version.

Anyway, you should be able to download and install the latest version manually from here now and then test to verify that protection works properly.

Please let us know how it goes and if you have any issues.

@exile360 I reinstalled it, entered my activation key for Premium, and the option just checked itself out. And then I uninstalled the application again (in safe mode), as I got the usual problems with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome of not being able to start (e.g. click on Chrome and the application does not start at all, there are only background processes active). It's like MB just causes complications on my computer.

That is odd.  There is definitely something going on with your system.  That said, Malwarebytes has millions of users around the world, the vast majority of which are able to run it without any problems so there is definitely something going on with the system affecting how Malwarebytes functions.  Whatever it is, hopefully we can figure it out and get the issue corrected, whether it requires finding and fixing whatever it is on the system causing it (assuming it is some sort of issue within Windows itself or some third party application or driver that we need to identify and update etc.) or if it is some kind of obscure bug in Malwarebytes, find the root cause so that the Developers can get it fixed in a future release of Malwarebytes.  I am concerned that even the Malwarebytes Support Tool had issues running on your system.  That indicates that whatever the cause of this issue is, it is affecting more than just Malwarebytes.

Please do the following and hopefully it will help to clarify what precisely is happening when trying to launch one of the affected applications that fails to start:

Create a Process Monitor Log:

• Create a new folder on your desktop called Logs
  • Please download Process Monitor from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on Procmon.exe to run it
  • In Process Monitor, click on File at the top and select Backing Files...
  • Click the circle to the left of Use file named: and click the ... button
  • Browse to the Logs folder you just created and type MB3 Log in the File name: box and click Save
  • Exit Process Monitor and open it again so that it starts creating the logs
  • Replicate the issue by trying to launch Internet Explorer, then try launching Google Chrome
  • Close Process Monitor
  • Right-click on the Logs folder on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Please attach the Logs.zip file you just created to your next reply, or if it is too large, please upload it to WeTransfer and provide us with the link to the file

Thanks

Edited by exile360

@exile360 p.s. I have this application C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Easy Setting Box\EasySettingBox.exe which is started every time I start my laptop and which searches for the connection to my Samsung monitor and connects the laptop to the monitor. (it starts every time after logging in to my account, regardless of whether the monitor is cable-connected to my laptop or not). Is it possible that it makes some kind of trouble together with MB? I am not sure here if it's a good idea to uninstall this application and eventually try installing MB again and activating the premium and then seeing if it works well. Could your development team somehow find out if these two applications actually interfere when both installed?