vezun

Hidden crypto miner virus

Hello, so I recently noticed that my CPU was running on high usage until I opened task manager. When I open task manager, it drops to 2-7% from 50-80%. I really don't know how to find out the name of the virus of the location, because each time I open task manager, it freezes until the usage is at normal again, so I don't really have a chance to find out anything about it. I tried running SpyHunter5, it found Trojan.ICLoader but I can't really get rid of it with the free version. I ran Kaspersky a few days back too, it didn't really find anything. Is there any help to this?

Hello Vezun.

May I ask, on just what basis you assert the presence of a "miner" pest?

What scans besides "spyhunter"   have you run ?

What about, Do you have Malwarebytes for Malware Premium ?   It has multiple real-time protections, that also include protections againt illicit coinminer hijackers.

Have you scanned with Malwarebytes ?

The initial display on Task Manager needs to be discounted.  You need to allow it a few seconds to settle in.

See this thread about exactly this same behavior   

NOTE:  Task Manager is not an ideal mechanism  to judge about a suspected hijacker.

Hello.  Just simply checking up.

You said you scanned the pc with Kaspersky and it did not find any viruses or malware.  Makes sense.

How is it going today ?  Are you being patient with Task Manager to not jump to unwarranted  quick judgments ?

Let’s follow up by doing a new thorough scan with Malwarebytes for Windows.   The goal is to see whether there is an infection or P U P.

Let's do one new run with Malwarebytes for Windows.

Start Malwarebytes.

Click Settings. Click Protection tab & scroll down to Scan options.

On the section "Potential Threat Protection"
look down at the one "Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)" look and make sure it is set to
"Always detect PUPS ".

and

look down at the one "Potential Unwanted Modifications (PUM)" look and make sure it is set to
"Always detect PUM ".

and
scroll all the way down to the section Automatic Quarantine
On the line "Automatically quarantine detected malware" be sure it is ON

Then once all set there, click on SCAN button
Then insure Threat scan has a check mark. Then click Start scan.
Review the results list.
Then I would suggest you make sure all lines have a check mark

To that end, if you click the very top left checkbox you can force all detected lines ( if any are detected)  to be selected for removal. Be sure each line is checked.

image.png.24e835686d31ceb423e8e2a6384beb1b.png

Then you can proceed to click on the blue button Quarantine selected.

In Malwarebytes.
Click the Reports button ( on the left )
Look for the "Scan Report" that has the most recent Date and time.

When located, click the check box for it and click on View Report.
Then click the Export button at the bottom left.
Then select Text File (*.txt)

Put in a name for that file and remember where the file is created.

Then attach that file with your next reply 

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks