Malwarebytes VPN

pnamajck

" malwarebytes has partnered with mullvad to offer you the online privacy you deserve. "

is  mbam  starting  to  resort  to  adware?  first  i  seen  of  it  was  tonight.  sanction  it  as  you  wish … it's  still  adware.  yes … i  have  read  the  aforementioned  article (faq).

mbam_adware.png

I'm glad to know it's a bug and not a "feature." You'll notice that was my first post....I was searching for an explanation for these popups harassing me, found this thread, and signed up just so I could chime in. I was feeling disbelief that Malwarebytes, of all things, seemed to be the one source of adware on this new system I just set up.

My guess, based on past experience with other similar notification issues (though not specifically notifications advertising other products; just notifications in general) that we have seen prior to this, is that one or more of the configuration files got corrupted causing the notification system to misbehave.  This can generally be fixed by performing a clean install of the product if you are willing to give that a try and still wish to continue using Malwarebytes:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Clean button, and allow it to restart your system and then reinstall Malwarebytes, either by allowing the tool to do so when it offers to on restart, or by downloading and installing the latest version from here