[ RESOLVED ] Malwarebytes blocking Word

Go to solution Solved by Yas,

Hello. I had this problem and unchecking BottomUp ASLR Enforcement worked initially....until today. Now issue blocking Word reappears. Even following the steps to uncheck BottomUp ASLR Enforcement fails to work this time. Have to restart the computer every time to get documents to save. It is clearly a Malwarebytes/Word conflict issue. This is very problematic for me.
PLEASE fix this issue as it is causing a lot of distress.
Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Yas said:

Hello. I had this problem and unchecking BottomUp ASLR Enforcement worked initially....until today. Now issue blocking Word reappears. Even following the steps to uncheck BottomUp ASLR Enforcement fails to work this time. Have to restart the computer every time to get documents to save. It is clearly a Malwarebytes/Word conflict issue. This is very problematic for me.
PLEASE fix this issue as it is causing a lot of distress.
Thank you.

I get this unless I restart computer:

“Word cannot create or save this file. Make sure that the disk you want to save the file on is not full, write-protected, or damaged.”

On 10/22/2019 at 11:19 AM, Yas said:

Hello Arthi. I disabled Exploit protection as instructed. The issue remains.

However, it is reassuring for me to know you found no obvious issue. Maybe I have it wrong. Maybe this time it is a Windows 10 update issue (this wouldn't surprise me).  Last time, when the conflict happened, unchecking the BottomUp ASLR Enforcement box worked. Even rechecking the box did not reproduce the issue...until now.
All functions are okay if I "Restart" my computer. If I need to start and then restart my computer at every day, then this is not a major 
inconvenience. My work requires that I can cut/paste/crop etc and modify documents regularly. As long as I can do this, then I can work with the double start up solution.

I appreciate you and AdvancedSetup taking the time to look into this issue for me. It's Malwarebytes staff like you that keep me recommending your product to all. Your customer service is one of the best I've come across in this day and age. Thank you both very much. Please let your company managers know that I appreciate this aspect very much.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:19 AM, Yas said:

Hello Arthi. I disabled Exploit protection as instructed. The issue remains.

However, it is reassuring for me to know you found no obvious conflict or malware etc. 
Maybe I have it wrong. Maybe this time it is a Windows 10 update issue (this wouldn't surprise me)? 
Last time, when the conflict happened, unchecking the BottomUp ASLR Enforcement box worked. Even rechecking the box afterwards did not reproduce the issue...until now.
All functions are okay if I "Restart" my computer. If, as a workaround, I need to start and then restart my computer at every day, then this is not a major inconvenience. My work requires that I can cut/paste/crop etc and modify documents regularly. As long as I can do this, then I can work with the double start up workaround.

I appreciate you and AdvancedSetup taking the time to look into this issue for me. It's Malwarebytes staff like you (as well as a fantastic product) that keep me recommending your product and services to all. Your customer service is one of the best I've come across in this day and age. Thank you both very much. Please let your company managers know that I appreciate this aspect of the company very much.

• Solution

Hello Arthi,

I have found a solution to my issue. This is NOT a Malwarebytes conflict after all. It is due to a conflict with Windows Defender “Controlled Folder Access".
I fixed it like this:
Virus and threat protection→Virus and threat protection settings→Manage settings→Controlled folder access→Manage controlled folder access→Allow an app through controlled folder access→WINWORD.EXE .

I hope this helps.

Thank you again Arthi and AdvancedSetup for the time you've spent with me. 

Kind regards,

Yas.