j_french

MBAE 1.12.2.124 service stoppage issues

Hello

Our customers are stating that, "The Malware Anti-Exploit service is taking too long to start. Please reboot your computer to restart protection.”

We are running version Malware Anti-Exploit 1.12.2.124

Thank You

Janet

Hi @j_french

Can you check the setting "Automatically upgrade to new versions" from the settings tab? Then restart Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Service or restart your computer.

This will upgrade to the latest version 1.13.2.117

image.png.24c84a37d6c352fe76e00f4e7d5f73a4.png

Let us know if you face further issues.

Hello @j_french

After verifying that the above setting is enabled, lets have you try restarting the endpoint to verify that the update completes.  Please let us know if the endpoint updates to the 1.13.2.117 version.

Warm Regards,

Hello

I've checked the setting "Automatically upgrade to new versions".  My computer updated to the newest version without a restart.  However I'm still getting reports from VDI and PVDI customers that the message pop up is still occuring.

Thank You

Janet

I've noticed that in Windows 10 PVDI that I had to double click on the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.exe in order to get it appear in the task bar. If I look at the services, the service is started. If I look under program files it is installed.

Why doesn't it appear in the task bar with the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware and Anti-Malware?

Thanks

Customers are still reporting receive a warning block that says:  Malwarebytes anti-Exploit has blocked an exploit attempt when trying to open up links.  One of the links I tried to go to was The Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine published by the American Medical Association.  Another was a link to a funding grant for Walk to School.

Another customer reports that opening up  a hyperlink in word document, document closes without saving and  a Malware Bytes Anti-Exploit pop-up.

image.png.2306f7104d67e8f34784c8f6d8e334ba.png

Here are our settings:

image.png.e7334b2f92923ee57cb6f3690e6c73f6.png

Hi @j_french

Can you disable the "Protection for MessageBox Payload" for MS Office under the advanced Settings? It is safe to disable this setting.

258144377_image(2).png.c190bc6d6adbfdad6d1c2b42e5aa54b3.png

Let us know if you face further issues.

Hi

I have customers using a PVDI that are still getting the"The Malware Anti-Exploit service is taking too long to start. Please reboot your computer to restart protection.”

Even after a restart the message is still occurring.

Thanks,

Janet