Developer

Blacklisted licenses

Welp, my topic was closed while I was emailing support. I understand your protocols and such. I work IT (Tier II Admin). The customer support Agent requires the boxes that I purchased years ago to get the licenses unblacklisted I suppose. He just wants a picture of the box that the code came with. I don't keep my boxes as I am Military and often move place to place every couple years and it's more of a hassle to keep years of new items and their boxes every time. I thought the best way to manage my licenses was on the My Malwarebytes website as your support articles state. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't use them anymore on any of my 3 devices nor can I get this fixed apparently. Is there anything else I can do or something someone can do to assist me? Can this be escalated beyond your Tier I Service Desk employees to look into this??? 

I often test and fuzz beta clients for various software for bugs and vulnerabilities and report them, a day after using the new beta clients on all of my devices all of them reverted to free and would not let my activate again, why would this happen?

I have enjoyed the product for the many years I have had it and love where it's going but I can't afford to keep purchasing these licenses for all of my devices. At the time, this was my best option and most cost effective. 

image.png.3dcaa0c01e2ce9e1ffe097b37e92948b.png

image.thumb.png.f274c94f7c1a73b77452df509de45548.png

It appears over the time since I have posted that countless other users are having the same issue as me. Why isn't this being resolved? Numerous amounts of these threads include relation to the new beta build causing the new blacklisting of keys. Is there a new API you guys are using to cause this? This is really odd and concerning. My PC has been vulnerable for a couple weeks now and I feel I have gotten nowhere.

Just now, Porthos said:

@Developer Please delete your screenshots with your keys.

I am unable to do so for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@Developer Please delete your screenshots with your keys.

I originally blackened them out but uploaded the wrong one :o. Uh oh

1 minute ago, Developer said:

I am unable to do so for some reason. 

I alerted staff.

JhonWall, I feel your pain. I too am having the same issue. Have you had any resolution to this? I am surprised they aren't helping us to resolve this. I saw on one post, they re-issued one customer's keys and even added an extra slot to his keys so he could cover his mobile devices! It appears there isn't a standard that they follow with agreement to their SLA "Service Level Agreement". Customer support is nice and friendly, yes, but I feel as though it's hit or miss with getting someone who cares to assist.

Heck, even my last forum account was deleted on here after I have been a member for a few years.

Your other topic was closed as there is nothing anyone here on the forums can do. Support has asked for some sort of proof.

If you purchased this from a retailer then there should be a disk and a license card that came in the box with instructions to keep them.  You indicated in your support ticket that they were purchased at Walmart a year or so back. We have not sold lifetime licenses to anyone since 2014 so it's very unlikely they kept 3 copies in stock for 4 years until you purchased them. All 3 licenses you provided were already registered years ago. One as far back as 2010 so as you can see there are obvious reasons we're asking for proof as the information provided thus far does not match up to what we have.

No forum account has ever been deleted without cause. If your account was deleted it was due to either Phishing, Spamming, or Trolling as we do not and never have deleted accounts without reason.

Again, please follow up with support and they may be able to assist you. No one here on the forums has access or control over licensing.

I was going to leave the topic open until Monday but after reviewing your support ticket there really is no reason. We cannot assist you with that issue so I'll go ahead and close this topic. Please follow up with Support

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information