Sign in to follow this  
Heilen44

No sound

I recently updates my windows 7 to 10. After upgrading there is no sound on my Laptop. what's the issue there? Can you please guide me a little. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Heilen44 said:

I recently updates my windows 7 to 10. After upgrading there is no sound on my Laptop. what's the issue there? Can you please guide me a little. Thanks!

It's probably an Audio driver problem, and Windows 10 has maybe selected the wrong driver for your hardware.

Try the suggestions here:
https://www.guidingtech.com/no-sound-issue-windows-10-update/

Good morning.

Check on some basics.  Go to the Windows taskbar.   Look for the sound icon and click it.  Be real sure there is not a little X   that shows there.  If you see one, click the X so that it goes away.   Also be sure to slide the sound line-meter shows to 100%

Also, look on your keyboard.  Modern keyboards have one or more icons for sound.  Be sure that the "mute" sound button is not on.

One further tip.   Look at the Windows taskbar.  In the search box, type in

sound settings

Click that link.  It will take you to Windows "Sound" section of Windows settings.  Check that out.  It has a troubleshooter.

2 hours ago, nukecad said:

It's probably an Audio driver problem, and Windows 10 has maybe selected the wrong driver for your hardware.

May be there is a hardware issue. But as a general I have been trying to follow this https://windowsmaximizer.com/blog/no-sound-windows-10/ step by steps guidelines. But I am little bit confused until I get my windows sound back! Can this tips help me to recover sound issue? If you have some kind of experience of it. Otherwise I will take this one to a service center. 

The article-link you cited is a decent article.   Just do not do the "uninstall unused applications".   That is a bit over-board.

The tips I gave you are quite basic , and easiest to do.  Check The Taskbar for what shows as the sound icon !   Be real sure it is NOT on mute.

Edited by Maurice Naggar