yeahnot9000

cloudnet redirection difficult (for me) case

Hi, 

I have a strange problem. When I visit a site I often visit : dieroten.pl (FC Bayern unofficial polish fansite) on my mobile Honor Play (android 9) using Google Chrome, I get a message that a redirection was blocked. The blocked adress is: https:d2cabfzca78ju.cloudfront.net/rest/ck/(many signs here, too many to write down). I once opened it out of curiosity and it's a scam message "dear chrome user (today's date) complete this survey and win iPhone 11. Now, I panicked a little, but tried to find a solution.

So here's what I did :
delete cache, history, cookies, etc.
Uninstalled Chrome's updates (can't uninstall it completely, coz it's Android) and install updates again
scanned many times with Malwarebytes for mobile premium trial version - nothing detected

And finally : factory reset phone - didn't help

Now, what's strage. The redirection is NOT happening if I use another browser (downloaded Firefox to check) or if I use the site in computer mode (not sure if that's how it translates #sorry4myenglish)

It's also not happening on any other site (checked like 20 other I often visit, problem only on this one).

I'm not really a tech guy, so I feel like I did everything in my power and now feel kinda helpless. 

Any ideas? 

Hi @yeahnot9000,

You should be clear of any malware, so no need to worry about that.  It sounds like the redirect is aimed at Chrome, and only mobile.  Not unusual for ad redirects to focus on one area.  In this case Chrome and Mobile.

Nathan

Thanks, I'm kinda new to all this smartphone stuff (my previous phone was veeery old) and I'm a little obsessed with safety. I try to be very careful, so when I got this I panicked a little. 

So anyway, if that's what you say, I'll try not to visit this site for some time. If the redirection is blocked (or even if it shows up but I press go back button) nothing bad should happen right?

Hi @yeahnot9000,

Most of these scam sites are tying to trick the user into giving up personal information by entering the "survey".  Rarely do they drop malicious apps.  Therefore, as long as you didn't enter any personal info, you are safe.

Nathan