RossSmith

Catalina: MWB thinks it doesn't have access

I'm trying to install MWB 3.9.32 on Mac OS Catalina. I've gone into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access and checked the box for Malwarebytes Protection. But MWB still thinks it doesn't have disk access. It says "You're not fully protected. We recommend enabling real-time protection." When I click through "Turn on protection" it tells me to open the privacy settings and click "Allow" - I don't know what it's trying to tell me, there's no "Allow" button, I'm guessing these instructions haven't been changed from an earlier version of Mac OS. From reading the posts here, it sounds like allowing full disk access is what it wants, but I've done that and it still tells me it can't run. I've tried the advice in the sticky thread to reinstall MSB, and tried rebooting, but nothing helps.

Thank you, that seems to have fixed it. You really need to update the instructions in the app for Catalina, this is really confusing. There's nothing in the app or on this forum that tells me I need to change options in two different pages of the Security & Privacy settings.

Hi @RossSmith,

Thank you for your feedback.

The installation article https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2634   from step 14 onwards does provide instructions on how to install extension in macOS.

About full disk access (FDA), it is only required for macOS Catalina which our program dashboard auto recognize the OS  and ask our user to follow article https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3477

I will forward this feedback to our concern department and check if there needs any changes. Thank you again.