Firefox

Bug or Suggestion

Here is either a bug or a suggestion, depending on how you take it...

I just upgraded my home computer from MB3 (enabled beta's) by clicking on Install Applications Updates.

The install went fine, it did not ask for a reboot.  Here is my issue though.  In MB3 I had Automatic Quarantine turned OFF
(mainly due to the false positive from way back when windows files were automatically quarantined and rendered my desktop useless)

auto-quarantine-mb3.jpg.e3547c8aadaa6fd902ffc888774f6ef9.jpg

After the upgrade, the setting was turned on (I assume its the default setting)  I recommend to either honor the setting I had set, or perhaps changing the default install to either ask, or to OFF.

auto-quarantine-mb4.jpg.a4ce0299def089dd23b440d7c52dddaf.jpg

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The expected functionality is that we retain your existing preference when upgrading. We're looking into the issue now.

For me the setting for off was honored after the upgrade  

Hello @Firefox

We tried to reproduce this issue in house but could not. Could you please run support tool and send us the mbst-grab-results.zip  logs.

That might help us get to the bottom of this.

Good Day @nikhils

Thanks for the reply, I have sent you the logs via PM. 

I am going to update another computer with the same settings and report back

On 2nd computer all went well..

Also is it me, or is the "Blue" on version 4 a different color that on version 3.x?

Hello @Firefox

Good to know the upgrade did not cause the setting change on your 2nd system.

As far as the "Blue" is concerned can you provide a screenshot for comparison?

Thank you.

Lets see what they look like online

MB3 Icons

Malwarebytes-mb3-tray-icon.PNG.a6af22951c9911108c7d7dbf99c04310.PNGMalwarebytes-mb3-icon.PNG.e4f2f50f2dbac78ed4c3c07d5046df78.PNG

MB4 Icons

mb4-tray-icon.jpg.37480d6e45e70b20dfde2403a0b42c44.jpg1902044581_mb4-desktopicon.jpg.5a2d836e1590e7e4f02d6a2e51d21819.jpg

3 hours ago, tetonbob said:

@Firefox - yes indeed, a different blue is being used in MB4.

Thanks, I thought for a minute that my eyes were playing tricks on me.  Is it going to stay that way on MB4 or is it going to go back to the original blue after beta?

OK thanks for the info @tetonbob

Branding is very important where I work, and they try to keep all our branding correct, this change in color for the logo for example would not fly where I work, but hey you guys may have different feelings towards that.... just saying.

I'm certain they intend to change the color for everything else as well (the main website, marketing materials, the forums etc.) once version 4 is released.  The Malwarebytes Marketing department is very strict about consistency as well ;) 

By the way, while I don't have any privileged information, I suspect that perhaps the reason for the change is due to the fact that they have finally abandoned Windows XP as of version 3.5, so version 4 will be the first major release/version of Malwarebytes that doesn't support that operating system, and I suspect that this darker blue (which in my opinion is much more attractive than the paler blues they've used in the past) is being used because they no longer have to worry about the Malwarebytes tray icon blending in too much with the default Luna theme in Windows XP Home and Pro.  If you compare the color of the new icon, it is quite close to the Luna theme's taskbar.

Edited by exile360