cgh

Microsoftedgecp.com blocked websites

Hi,

We had a laptop that had a blocked website with the IP address 176.119.1.112 on September 12th. The process was for microsoftedgecp.exe. I have attached a screenshot. Does anybody know more about this?

malwarebytesedge.PNG

Hello @cgh

I just wanted to let you know that I have reached out to my Web Protection Team regarding the block you received and will reach back out to you once I have some additional information.

Warm Regards,

Greetings,

I did a bit of research and discovered this article from ESET which seems to indicate that this IP address is a part of a known banking Trojan.  It is possible that the IP in question is shared between multiple sites of course so I do not know if this particular activity in your case is benign or malicious, however since the connection was through the web browser I suspect the latter; it was likely just a blocked ad or some other content on one of the sites being visited but we will have to wait for confirmation from the Research team.