Laptop dongle and Browser Guard

solomod

I have a Huawei 3G dongle for my laptop - I use it when there is no WIFI available. When activated the dongle opens in the browser; from this page you can access the dongle settings and send & receive texts.

I have found that the dongle will not send or receive texts if Browser Guard is active - it is necessary to disable Browser Guard completely for the dongle site. It logs on okay and surfing the web is okay - just won't send or receive texts.

It's no problem - it just took me a while fiddling around before I thought of disabling Browser Guard.

David

Hi David,

I'm sorry but all dongle and similar media cards for networking often pose different challenges as they function quite a bit differently. Unfortunately disabling is probably what you'll need to do as we don't have that specific hardware setup to test and debug.

There's no need to apologise - you cannot cover everything. I've had Malwarebytes for years on our two desktops and I think it's wonderful. I only put the post up because I thought it might help someone else who's scratching their head wondering why their dongle won't send a text.

Many thanks and enjoy the day.

David