[ RESOLVED ] How many PCs can I install and run my malwarebytes on?

Go to solution Solved by exile360,

I bought Malwarebytes in October 2018.

The order stated:

Quantity     Product name   
2                  Malwarebytes Premium
2 Year Subscription £59.99

On how many PCs can I install it? (I cannot see this mentioned anywhere).

I have two PCs (Win 7 and Win 10) on which I have it installed although I never have both running at the same time.

I wondered if I could have it installed on a third PC - again this would not be used when either of the other two PCs were running.

(Incidentally, I only bought ONE copy so I do not understand the "2" in the above under "quantity" - or does this refer to

the number of PCs on which it can be installed?)

Can anyone help please? I'm confused! (I'm in my 70s though!)

Thanks

David

16 minutes ago, davidkent said:

I wondered if I could have it installed on a third PC

No, it seems like you purchased a key good for 2 computers for 2 years.

16 minutes ago, davidkent said:

again this would not be used when either of the other two PCs were running.

Does not matter.

20 minutes ago, davidkent said:

Can anyone help please? I'm confused! (I'm in my 70s though!)

I suggest you log into your https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login

There you can see your available installs.

Many thanks for  the replies.

Can I ask one more question?

Is each copy of MWB I can use 'tied', for its lifetime, to a particular PC?  I currently have one copy on a Win 10 PC and the

second copy is on a WIn 7 PC (it appears my licence allows me to have two copies working).

However, I doubt whether I will be able to use the Win 7 PC for much longer due to various serious faults which seem to be increasing.

When I discard this PC  (and I suspect that will be very soon), and I secure wipe all the content, will I be able to use the second copy of Malwarebytes on a replacement PC (which will be either Win 10 or Win7)?

Thanks.

David

18 hours ago, Porthos said:

No, it seems like you purchased a key good for 2 computers for 2 years.

Does not matter.

I suggest you log into your https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login

There you can see your available installs.

I did and it says this:

"Malwarebytes Premium
License key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Renewal date  Oct 06, 2020
Reference number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Available devices  0 of 2"

What does "0 of 2" mean?

David

• Solution

Greetings,

You purchased 2 licenses for 2 years.  This means that you may have the software installed on up to 2 devices at a time.  The '0 of 2' available devices means that both of your installs are already in use.  You can move your license from one of your devices to a new device at any time by deactivating one of them, either in the 'My Account' tab in Malwarebytes on one of your current devices and then installing and activating it on a new device or by using the deactivate function at My.Malwarebytes.com to deactivate it from one of your existing devices so that you can install and activate it on a new device.

You can find further details about managing your licenses in this support articlethis support article, as well as this support article.

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks