Root Admin...

Ok I booted to "Normal" but with no Internet connected and ran all 3 steps as requested.  Attached you'll find my 2 .txt files from the Farbar run.  Please review and recommend next step(s)...

James Bennett

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Well, something either stopped FRST in it's tracks or perhaps the upload got corrupted somehow. It is not even complete at all.

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version: 09-10-2019 01
Ran by James_Admin (administrator) on DESKTOP-HVDS1PF (Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 840 G2) (10-10-2019 05:30:00)
Running from C:\Users\James_Local\Downloads
Loaded Profiles: James_Admin & James_Local (Available Profiles: James_Admin & James_Local)
Platform: Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 (X64) Language: English (United States)
Default browser: Edge
Boot Mode: Normal
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the process will be closed. The file will not be moved.)

() [File not signed] C:\Windows\System32\rpcnetp.exe
(IObit Information Technology -> IObit) C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMFsrv.exe
(Malwarebytes Corporation -> Malwarebytes) C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
(Malwarebytes Inc -> Malwarebytes) C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
(Microsoft Corporation -> Microsoft Corporation) C:\Users\James_Local\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
(Microsoft Windows -> Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe
(Microsoft Windows -> Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIADAP.exe

At this point I'd have to say if it were my computer I would opt to backup my personal data to an external drive. Then look at doing a Refresh first and if that did not fix it then try the Reset
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17085/windows-8-restore-refresh-reset-pc

Your computer has been pretty much inoperable now for at least a week. Backing up, fixing or reinstalling can easily be done in a day. Then you can take steps to help prevent it from happening again in the future.

I've done all of those already...  This is a wipe clean - install...

James

Well, then there is some break down in the process or faulty hardware.

Did you remove all partitions when you installed or did you use a built-in recovery process or just format the C:\ drive and reinstall?

Okay I've done a bit more research. This appears to be locked by a company that claims to own the property. I would suggest calling that number and working with them if you believe this is in error.

My 6th Post into this thread shows another person getting this type of error and how he applied a work-around which corrected the issue.  

BTW, I’ve been using this laptop now for close to 4 years without any “pop-ups” so I’m not at all convinced that this “pop-up” is at all legit.

James

And to answer your other question.  I removed all partitions, format C then installed new windows 10...

James

Yes, this is BIOS controlled and the phone number provided claims to own it. Give them a call and discuss. Google has a ton of bogus fake phone numbers but the one you provided appears to be real.