After running a scan and identifying and removing a few threats related to the QSearch/ChillTab search engine virus (which I have been dealing with and trying to rid my machine of for a while now), I was prompted to restart my machine. Once I logged back in and tried to open Malwarebytes again, I got a message saying "The Application is Damaged - please download and install a new copy of the software to replace the damaged files" (see first screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/DzEqVMU). So I downloaded the software again and tried to install and got a message saying "The Installation Failed" (see second screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/DzEqVMU). After that I tried restarting my machine, same "Installation failed" message. I deleted all previous Malwarebytes files and restarted my machine, same message. I went through my application list and removed anything I hadn't used recently just in case there was some malware in those files. Still got the same message.

I'm not sure what the next step to take is here -- I am concerned that there is some malware on my computer but I cant get Malwarebytes installed. Any help would be appreciated.

The first thing I would do is completely uninstall Malwarebytes using the second portion of these instructions: Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac and then follow the instruction for Download and install Malwarebytes for Mac.

If that doesn't work, then I suspect the staff will need to see some detailed information about your Mac which should not be posted here, but will give you instructions for that after you've completed the above.

Thank you @alvarnell and @adas - I've followed the troubleshooting steps mentioned but am still unfortunately having issues.
First I tried to follow these uninstall instructions but was met with this error after trying to run it. So I moved onto re-installing the existing MacOS onto my machine. After that, I tried to open Malwarebytes again and it worked momentarily -- long enough for me to start a scan before it cut to this error screen. So I tried the uninstall again and got this message.

Can you let me know which further steps I can take?

Something or someone has corrupted your System by changing permissions on the file mentioned. Offhand, I'm not aware of any malware that would change that, but perhaps someone else has seen this. 

Before trying to correct this, please tell us what version of macOS you are running at this time.

And if you are comfortable using the Terminal application (found in Utilities) please copy and paste each line, one at a time into Terminal, and hit the Return key after each command. This won't change anything on your computer, simply tells us exactly how the file has been modified.

ls -l /private/etc/sudoers

cat /private/etc/sudoers

Now copy and paste the results back here.

Hi @fufm,

The screenshot does relate to article provided below. The issue is with sudoers where it's permission is not standard.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:29 AM, adas said:

Please log a ticket with support team and we will provide you additional steps to resolve the issue.

Log a support ticket with help of below link.