Beta2 to Beta3 Upgrade.

1PW

Hello @nikhils and @LiquidTension:

Instead of installing Beta3 on top of Beta2, I interpreted the announcement to mean the Beta2 was first to be uninstalled/cleaned before a subsequent fresh install of Beta3.

I did deactivate the license before the clean/fresh install.  My only issue was with the outcome of the mbst-clean removal of Beta2 using a known good download of mb-support-1.5.1.681.exe.  With no error notification messages, the mbst-clean seemed to execute without incident.  However, a system restart, a cursory examination showed that the C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\ directory remained.  Although all the files in that directory where now absent, all sub-directories seemed to remain.  A manual deletion of the C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\ directory was successfully accomplished.  I still have the mbst executable I used and its sig/hashes compare perfectly with the current published download today.  Though I have good system backups, checking for repeatability would be a pita.  But I will be on the lookout with the publication of Beta4 etc.

2019-09-30 21:51:37.818   Failed to delete Folder C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\, reason:(The directory is not empty.(error=145)),

The fresh install of Beta3 was uneventful.  A previously reported annoyance, that does not permit the paste of the license Key/ID, seems to be scheduled for resolution in a later publication.  Manually repopulating settings and the Allow List was trivial.  Scans function as well as before.  Thank you to all for this beta and congratulations to all.

ManualThreatScan.txt

mbst-grab-results.zip

Edited by 1PW

Hello @LiquidTension:

7 hours ago, LiquidTension said:

Please could you confirm if the following files exist or not:

• %temp%\mbsetup.log
  • C:\Windows\temp\mbamiservice.log

I am certain those files were created with the Beta3 fresh install (shortly after the time of the mbst-clean late 2019-09-30).  Alas, those files have now been deleted.

If you feel strongly that some intrinsic value lies within, I will gladly run another mbst-clean against the Beta3 fresh install followed by another Beta3 fresh install.

Say the word...