Ki61

Does Malwarebytes have tools/suggestions?

My question concerns hotel WIFI and whether or not there is a way to make it safe? I keep being told (by Hilton Hotels) there is no way for ANY hotel to offer a secure WIFI connection.  I contacted their IT people who stated it would only be done through a program such as Malwarebytes.  Suggesting if I worked with Malwarebytes I could set up a VPN in order to have a safe/secure connection.  I'm confused with all of this as I thought a VPN was connected to my network and not a network I would sign into such as the Hilton Honors or other hotel networks.  If anyone has information or help for or suggestions concerning this topic for a very computer/network challenged person like me I would greatly appreciate it.  I muddle through the best I can, but do know enough not to trust an unsecure network.  Thank in advance for your help! 

A VPN is the way to go.

It creates a virtual tunnel between your PC and the VPN Provider's network. 

You connect to the Hilton Hotel's network and then initiate the VPN.  Subsequently all your traffic will be routed through and tunneled within the VPN connection and will emanate from the VPN Provider's network out to the Internet  Web sites will see the VPN Internet Address ( IP Address ) not the Hotel's IP address.  The Hotel personnel and other guests can not snoop on your activities.  Assuming they tried, they would just see that you have a encrypted tunnel to the VPN Provider. 

Edited by David H. Lipman

David is correct. You need to use a VPN - however often times you cannot start VPN until you agree to their terms from some web page they've set up. Some you can but others won't allow the VPN connection or give a valid IP/DNS connection to connect to VPN until they've authorized you. So you'd still need to play some with when you enable the VPN connection.