Possible Bug: Might Be Ignoring Allowed Listing

garioch7

The previous generation of this product, before it was renamed, always blocked the shield.sitelock.com graphic display for the home page of my website, unless my website (philipacampbell.ca) was modified to allow "Ads/Trackers", in which case the SiteLock  display graphic would appear would appear on the bottom right of my website's home page.  I have done the same with MBG (whitelisted my site to turn off Ads/Trackers protection), and it worked until today.  I am not certain that it is MBG that is doing it, because I also have UBlock Origin and the Bitdefender Anti-Tracker, but I have whitelisted my site in both of those apps, and the SiteLock display graphic still does not display.

More importantly, if I "Pause" MBG, then the SiteLock graphic does appear, so I am very suspicious that MBG is the culprit, and is ignoring my whitelisting.  I even tried turning off all of the MBG modules for my site, but the graphic would still not display, unless I "paused" MBG.

Would someone be kind enough to look into this for me?  Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

@gatortail

I just checked my website again, no SiteLock graphic, even though MBG shows Ads/Trackers disabled for my website.  I am running the latest version of Chrome on a Windows 10 x64 Pro computer, with all Windows updates installed, including that monster optional update from last week.  Perhaps the problem lies there ... ?

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

@gatortail

Thank you for your reply.  I found my error.  I had "allowed" www.philipacampbell.ca.  When I removed that and replaced it with philipacampbell.ca, my SiteLock graphic displayed. I am running MBG 2.1.0.

Now I have an FP report: tweaking.com.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

mbg_tweaking.png

@gatortail

I am glad that I took a screenshot, because I just tried again to reach tweaking.com's Forums after reading your reply, and this time there was no MBG warning.  Go figure! ???

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

@gatortail

I went to tweaking.com twice today in the last hour, and MBG gave me that same error both times.  I could whitelist the site, but it is a reputable site, so, in my opinion, this is an FP and it should be fixed.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

@AdvancedSetup

Ron, I logged in successfully to tweaking.com this morning without any issues.  I visit that site daily.  Just now, I tried twice and was blocked both times by MBG.  My computer is shut down every night (Fast Startup disabled).  When I start my computer in the morning, I have Chrome clear its browser cache (Ctrl-Shft-Del) before commencing surfing.  This "bug" seems to be very intermittent.

I do have Chrome syncing with my cellphone.  I wonder if that might be a possible cause, though I cannot see why it would?  I am running the latest version of Chrome - I check for updates every morning, before clearing the cache.

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64, Build 1903, fully patched and updated, including that monster optional update from last week.  Security is Bitdefender Total Security (2020) and Malwarebytes Premium 3.8.3., fully updated, including yesterday's component build update.

Thank you for you for looking into this.  Have a great weekend.

Regards
-Phil

• Root Admin

Yes, we're investigating it. Something is different with the site. We're working with the developers to see why but it's been the weekend and at least 2 other key people are on vacation so it may take a bit longer to figure out why. You should be able to manually add an exclusion though if needed until we do get it fixed.

@AdvancedSetup

Ron, thank you for the update.  I was not blocked this morning when I logged in to the site.  I was blocked just now when I tried again.  This a really weird issue.

No problem.  I will wait for the fix.  I just tell MBG that I want to continue any ways, and it permits me to get to the site.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

• 2 weeks later...

@AdvancedSetup

Ron, I just got blocked again earlier today by MBG when I tried to go to tweaking.com.  MBG had been working correctly for about a week.  I just tried again now, and MBG was not triggered by going to tweaking.com.  Any idea when the team will nail this elusive and intermittent FP?

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil