Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension

bertilak

Hello,

On Chrome, I get the message "Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension."

I of course expect that to happen, That is why I installed Browser Guard!

Unfortunately, That message is in a box as big as whatever was blocked. I want the item blocked without leaving behind a big blot! When uBlock Origin blocks something it is COMPLETELY gone. No artefacts. Can things be configured so Browser Guard has the same behaviour?

• Root Admin

Are you on Windows or Macintosh?

What version of Malwarebytes Browser Guard are you using?

What other Ad Blockers or Security software are you using?

I've tested in both Google Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10 - 1903 build 18362.387 and I'm not able to duplicate this issue. There are Ads we're not blocking and those are a known issue but I'm not seeing any type of image like that (that is not wording that we use either so not sure where that is coming from)

Here is an example of the page I'm seeing in Firefox with just our Malwarebytes Browser Guard

image.png

In Google Chrome it looks very similar

image.png

Can you please provide the requested information as well as a screenshot in context showing the image you're seeing as well as the other areas of the page as I've shown.

Thank you

• Root Admin

Where is the context of the rest of the page? Though that is very possibly from us. Just not seeing enough of the page. There are elements of Ads and how they work that are not easy to remove without changing page layout look. We're working to make it better but again - I'm not sure this is our tool blocking as I can't duplicate it and you've not provided any of the information I've requested to better help you.